Battery life observations..

This is a discussion on Battery life observations.. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; My battery life is VERY disappointing. I took one phone back, and the second is as bad as the first. I can't go a whole ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery life observations..

My battery life is VERY disappointing. I took one phone back, and the second is as bad as the first. I can't go a whole day without a charge.

Out for a walk, and I looked at it and it was 15%, put it back in my pocket with screen off, and it was at 0 and fully off a half hour later, when I really needed it.

hi everyone this is my new post.I have go a full day without a charge with regular use now.now remaining battery is 35%

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarmouth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    update: I can go a full day without a charge with regular use now.. For instance , today i went all day without a charge and got home and it was 47% remaining..

9am 100% - 830pm 47% (normal usage)

maybe the battery needed a couple of charges to get going..
    the software needs a few charge and discharge cycles to calibrate the battery usage. This is why it seems as if the battery is performing better when actually the software is allowing you longer to use the battery before turning you off.
    is it better to try to run the battery down before charging or try to leave it plugged in as much as possible to get the software calibrated?

yes!............
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

Regarding the battery in the NS. I have used most T-Mo Android phones since the G1. I will say this phone's battery life is up there with the best of the Androids I have used. For those experiencing battery drain try removing apps and adding them one at a time to make sure its not an app draining your battery, chances are it is. I went 14 hours off the charger with moderate internet, heavy texting, moderate calls and moderate photos taken. I plugged the phone in with 20% battery life left. To me that is very good for any Android device.

BTW, if you feel your battery is bad go try a MT4G, you will love your phone all over again. That thing won't make it until noon!
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

Hi there

I got the NS since a bit more than a week and i got the Samsung I 9000 the same day both new.
    I tested the NS and if i compare it to the I9000 i have to say that there must be something wrong with my NS.

With the same Apps (even more installed on the i9000) and the same synch settings
    the battery life is after less charging cycles much better!

With the I9000 i can work a whole day without a problem. The NS is down after 9-10houres

I know that the hardware is not exact the same but it is allmost, so i hope that there will be an step forward with the 2.4...
    if not.. i think i will not keep the NS.

I just bought Nexus S three days ago and noticed one strange thing with the battery: it doesn't charge up to 100%... First I thought this was because of the charger that comes with the phone, and I thought it has less voltage than a regular charger, so I tried a regular micro usb charger. But after being charged during the entire night it was still 95% in the morning. Anyone had the same issue?

Yes everyone.

follow the link below.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...goes-96-a.html

Ok, now after I have been using both Nexus One and Nexus S for a while I can definitely say that Nexus S battery is way worse than Nexus One HTC Innovation battery. It makes me smile when I remember how I used to kill all apps, keep the display dimm and quickly disabled on my nexus one. Comparing to Nexus S the One lasts almost twice longer. Nexus One lives a good 20-24 hours used often and about 32-40 hours if idle. Nexus S lives around 20 hours if idle and could be dead in 6 hours if used heavily. I am considering which of the phones to sell and which to keep, and this argument is definitely not in Nexus S favor.

PS: I have stock roms on both phones.

I too experienced very rapid battery loss for the first few days. I performed a couple of changes that have dramatically increased my battery life upwards of 43 hours no use, 24 hours moderate use, and 16 hours constant.

1. Turn off NFC.

2. Reduce brightness as much as possible. I maintain my brightness at 7%. Believe it or not it still looks great and if i need more, i have a widget that easily allows me to increase it.

3. Turn off 3G networks unless you have more than 2-3 bars at all times in the area you are residing in. I realized during my first days of use that my 3G was spotty. The constant radio switching between 2G and 3G in spotty areas will drain your battery.

4. Turn off all auto-sync features unless you really need them. EG: Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Corporate Mail, etc... These are massive hogs. I have 2 on at all times: G account and Corp mail on push.

5. Live Wallpapers will kill your battery. Use dark wallpapers to conserve pawa.

6. Localization features will also consume. Make sure any features that report your location automatically are turned off. EG: Latitude.

7. Unfortunately since we are still dealing with an up-and-coming market, and dev community, you will encounter at times applications which will drain your battery unnecessarily. This will require the use of a task-killer, or just force close the app after use if you've noticed decreased battery life.

A lot of people are ignorant of most of these things. Grant it, it shouldn't have to be this way... But for the time being we have to understand that we can only perform so much in a given amount of time with our current batteries. It's a smartphone, yes, but that doesn't mean they are critical thinkers, and posses common sense. Use your head. If your battery is dying short of 6 hours cause you're playing games and have the brightness jacked up to 100% all day, it's not Google's, Samsung, or the Carrier's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Volker View Post
    5. Live Wallpapers will kill your battery. Use dark wallpapers to conserve pawa.
    I too do this. Pawa Saving is Paramount!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links