Battery life observations..

This is a discussion on Battery life observations.. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't know what is NFC? Please?? But I know that if: wifi is ON even when there is no wifi around battery usage is ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Battery life observations..

Battery

I don't know what is NFC? Please??

But I know that if: wifi is ON even when there is no wifi around battery usage is high.
    If Bluetooth is on, usage is higher
    If Multi color track ball is on, usage is higher

Better to kill tasks when not required.

NFC is near field comunication it is a chip that can comunicate with other NFC chips that are near by the only problem is that there are not alot of them so that is why most people turn it off. It is only available on the nexus S so you don't have to worry about it.

Yes WI-FI uses allot of battery but 3G uses more so keep it on and that way you will be able to conect to other WI-FI access points instead of using 3G.

Bluetooth is using battery but if you don't have a Bluetooth ya turn it off.

And the trackball I don't know but I'm not aware of any complaints to say it uses up to much battery but if you say so I'll take your word for it.

I don't think that you have to worry about the trackball in this case.

Alright, now, when I replaced my first Nexus S with a new one, I can confirm that the battery life really depends on the phone itself. As I mentioned in my previous post, the battery in my previous nexus s barely lasted 10 hours being intensively used. Right now it's 22 hours and 40 minutes since I have charged my new nexus s, and I have used it almost constantly today, starting by gps and 3g internet, ending by tethering 3g internet over wifi to my wifes iphone not mentioning music player and games. In other words I didn't try to save the battery today. right now it's still 15% of the battery remaining and I'm trying to kill it to put on a charge overnight.

So my recommendation to people having problems with the battery life, if it's possible to go ahead and replace their phones at closest bb store.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

My battery life has started improving after 3 weeks of use.
    At this moment @8 PM in the evening, it is 65%, whereas 2 weeks before it would have been at ~ 30%.
    Dunno if this is scientific or just a special case!

Yes. It seems that the battery needs a couple of charge cycles to maximize efficiency. I experienced the same when i got the phone.

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Just to add to this discussion...

My Nexus S had *really* disappointing battery life for the first few weeks of use. This is, I think, beyond the suggested "few cycles" that people say the OS and hardware needs to calibrate battery usage.

It got to a point where I would walk to work (~30 minutes), listening to MP3s, not use the phone at all, walk home again listening to MP3s and the battery would be X'd out, practically dead.

Sometimes I'd go for a walk with a decent battery charge, listen to MP3s and it'd be dead when I returned home.

I started wondering why the battery drained so fast when listening to MP3s. Well, it ain't the MP3s specifically but just general use of the CPU. In the battery usage statistics it just said "Android OS" was the biggest user of the battery.

Which brought me to the live wallpaper...

On the Nexus One I left the "Nexus" wallpaper going all the time I used the phone with no real impact on the battery. But they changed the Nexus wallpaper in Gingerbread, and I think that makes its calculations and thus CPU usage a lot higher. I also suspect (but obviously have no way of proving) that the live wallpaper is still running and calculating and doing stuff when the screen's off.

I turned off the live wallpaper and now the phone's battery life is incredible. I don't think it's due to any calibration finally taking effect, it was a case of bad battery life one day, good battery life the next.

So yeah ... on a Nexus S, I think removing the live wallpaper might (unfortunately) be a good idea.

Can you get bigger capacity batteries for the phone yet?

Cheers

Seidio seems to make one:

seidioonline.com

The original battery is 1500 mAh, this is 1600. Not a huge gain but it might be useful for some.

(Edit: Post originally said the battery was 1400 mAh, but it seems its 1500)

I would buy a 2300mah cell with a new rear case if it meant I could use it for longer or have more stuff running. You can then have the option of using the original or the "fat" one

What ever happened to nanowire technology? They promised us laptops with 60 hrs of use and phones you dont need to charge for weeks.

:rofl3::rofl3:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links