Battery life observations..

This is a discussion on Battery life observations.. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; From the reviews it seems positive. However, I just went from fully charged to 67% in about 2 1/2 hours with minimal use. This is ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery life observations..

Battery life observations..

From the reviews it seems positive. However, I just went from fully charged to 67% in about 2 1/2 hours with minimal use. This is a concern for me as that it just not adding up. Something is not right. I may have a bum battery.

What is your experience with the battery?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Battery life seems better than the Nexus One. Did you turn off the NFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_No_Means_No View Post
    Battery life seems better than the Nexus One. Did you turn off the NFC?
    yup.

I checked the battery stats and 70% was the screen, of course this is expected.

anyway, I just went with the second highest brightness..

Unhappy

I'm not really happy with my battery either but I'll give it a few charge discharge cycles before I weigh in on it.

Unplugged it from the charger at 6:30am, by 8am with little to no use it was down to 80%.

Plugged it in as I drove to work (locale settings for car charger : screen timeout: never, brightness: 100%) and unplugged it from the charger at 79%... it lost battery while plugged in.

I'm not too happy with the battery life either. I had the device fully charged before going to bed, and when I got up 8 or so hours later the battery was down to 63%. I even killed all the running tasks after disconnecting from the charger. By comparison my Nexus One would have shown about 80% under the same scenario.

I turned off NFC as suggested above. Anyone know how much battery leaving it on typically consumes?

Quote Originally Posted by betabob View Post
    I'm not too happy with the battery life either. I had the device fully charged before going to bed, and when I got up 8 or so hours later the battery was down to 63%. I even killed all the running tasks after disconnecting from the charger. By comparison my Nexus One would have shown about 80% under the same scenario.

I turned off NFC as suggested above. Anyone know how much battery leaving it on typically consumes?
    I don't think many people know how much it really uses because almost no one uses it because there is not much current use. But I am pretty sure that unless you start scanning stuff 50 times a day it will make little to no difference in your battery life. Although it would be nice to see some real numbers from Google.

UPDATE: I can go a full day without a charge with regular use now.. for instance , today I went all day without a charge and got home and it was 47% remaining..

9am 100% - 830pm 47% (normal usage)

maybe the battery needed a couple of charges to get going..

Not really sure, but under "battery use", my screen was like 35% which is expected but Handcent was at something like 16%. I clicked on handcent and it seemed it was preventing the device from sleeping. Not sure why that would be but I removed handcent for now and seem to be getting better results so far.
    ChompSMS uses something like 3% battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    UPDATE: I can go a full day without a charge with regular use now.. for instance , today I went all day without a charge and got home and it was 47% remaining..

9am 100% - 830pm 47% (normal usage)

maybe the battery needed a couple of charges to get going..
    The software needs a few charge and discharge cycles to calibrate the battery usage. This is why it seems as if the battery is performing better when actually the software is allowing you longer to use the battery before turning you off.
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

Has anyone figured out how to reset the battery usage display? On my Nexus One/Froyo it would reset each time you charged the unit, but on my Nexus A it doesn't seem to reset regardless of what you do....power off, pulling the battery, etc.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links