Nexus S Accessories Review

This is a discussion on Nexus S Accessories Review within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Best case I have so far (see link) really very good, huge praise from [TPU] Nexus S! S shape case - xda-developers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus S Accessories Review

Best case I have so far (see link)

really very good, huge praise from [TPU] Nexus S! S shape case - xda-developers

jooli
    Sprint tried to sell me a case for $20. It was some kind of clear with an argyle pattern, ugly. I never buy accessories from them but the guy kept pushing it; they must get a big commission. All their stuff is 4x what I can get elsewhere. I ordered a couple of sheets of film for the screen and a case from Cellular Outfitters, will report when the order arrives. Meanwhile I am being verrrry careful.

I never buy accessories from carriers...

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Case Nexus S

I bought one from the Sprint store Samsung carry and protect GT-19020t

Its black rubber and fits perfect and all buttons work perfect, it is great protectionn plus helps to hold on to the phone. I just ordered zaggs invis shield for the screen which are the best to have from Amazon $12

jooli
    That sounds good. The one they tried to sell me was hard plastic. I got a hot pink one from cellular outfitters. Their prices were good but the shipping was as much as the merch. I will take your advice on the screen shield as the one from cellular outfitters was too thin, bubbled badly and had a sticker with residue that wouldn't come off.

shield

Zagg is the wqay to go with the invisible shield. You can order on line and put on yourself, or most mall have those mini stands that selland will install. I had one on my Pre for 18 mths, and they replaced it for free. When the old was removed like new. Its almost like a rubber prtection but does not limit use of touch....

Any good Navigation apps. I loved the sprint nav but not on line ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_No_Means_No View Post
    I'll start a thread so we can discuss about cases, etc. This phone definitely needs a case as the built finish is almost identical to the iPhone 3G/3GS. It's very prone to scratch.

I purchased an Invisible Shield for the front screen. Applied it and it's perfect, just like how it always is. Nothing to talk about there.

I also purchased the only brand of case available for the Nexus S at Bestbuy. It's the Platinum case made my Seidio. It's secured by snapping a large back piece to a front border piece. It looks very nice on the phone, but there are some issues.

First, there are no padding inside this case. None at all. It's just a thin plastic cover. I don't know if padding is necessary or not, but having my shiny black plastic phone snapped against another plastic sheet does make me a little uneasy.

Second, the front piece that snaps on to the back piece is basically just the bezel. It's not very sturdy, and even after it's snapped in, if i touch the front edges of the phone I can feel movement, making it feel cheap.

I'll be switching to a better case when more options are available. Among the snap cases I've tried on the Nexus One and my previous iPhones, this one's quality is considered very good. However, I look forward to a slide on case.
    may i ask where you got the invisible shield? I'm looking around for one. I bought boxwave's crystal clear protector but it is way smaller than the screen, so i didn't bother to put it on. I want an invisible shield that is an exact fit, that feels natural to the touch (not the rubbery feel)..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links