Nexus S Accessories Review

This is a discussion on Nexus S Accessories Review within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'll start a thread so we can discuss about cases, etc. This phone definitely needs a case as the built finish is almost identical to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S Accessories Review

Nexus S Accessories Review

I'll start a thread so we can discuss about cases, etc. This phone definitely needs a case as the built finish is almost identical to the iPhone 3G/3GS. It's very prone to scratch.

I purchased an Invisible Shield for the front screen. Applied it and it's perfect, just like how it always is. Nothing to talk about there.

I also purchased the only brand of case available for the Nexus S at Bestbuy. It's the Platinum case made my Seidio. It's secured by snapping a large back piece to a front border piece. It looks very nice on the phone, but there are some issues.

First, there are no padding inside this case. None at all. It's just a thin plastic cover. I don't know if padding is necessary or not, but having my shiny black plastic phone snapped against another plastic sheet does make me a little uneasy.

Second, the front piece that snaps on to the back piece is basically just the bezel. It's not very sturdy, and even after it's snapped in, if i touch the front edges of the phone I can feel movement, making it feel cheap.

I'll be switching to a better case when more options are available. Among the snap cases I've tried on the Nexus One and my previous iPhones, this one's quality is considered very good. However, I look forward to a slide on case.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is the only non generic case I could find made specifically for NS and its not even available yet

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-Silicone-Jelly-Samsung-Google/dp/B004FPZBTQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=mobile&qid=1292598388&sr=8-6]Amazon.com: Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case for Samsung/Google Nexus S - Transparent White: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Its clearly one of those cheap china made ones, but Id rather have than leave my NS exposed.

I brought the one from Best Buy as well and it sucks soooo bad, I really want to return it and leave my Nexus naked...

I agree that the NS looks super sleek naked, but I'm worried if/when I drop it, it will easily get thrashed. I was always buying the full body Invisible Sheild for all my previous phones, but when I tried it on my Nexus One, it made the screen look worse. I do like how the Invisible Sheild makes devices more "grippy" though. How does the Invisible Sheild look on the NS? I don't want go through the hassle of purchasing it if it's going to look horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    I brought the one from Best Buy as well and it sucks soooo bad, I really want to return it and leave my Nexus naked...
    Any tips on how to open this case? It's almost impossible to take off once it's on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_No_Means_No View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Any tips on how to open this case? It's almost impossible to take off once it's on the phone.
    C4? Sledgehammer? Chisel?
    :rofl3:

I have a Seido Innocase II for my Nexus One and it's been great. Any news on if Seido is going to release an Innocase II case for the Nexus S? That Best Buy one looked craptacular.

I applied the Invisible Shield for the screen, if you are scared don't be. i did a bad job of it and it smooths out in the end. I recommend using a LOT of application spray before hand. Of course it affects how the screen looks, but the samoled shines through every time, but I wanted that extra protection for the cost of a little visual quality and different (more tactile, grippier) touch. I applied straight out of the box so there was no dust about.

Here in the UK, I bought the phone and a case from carphonewarehouse (best buy) Tech 21 silicone case Nexus S from Google < 16.99 - The Carphone Warehouse

The case is advertised for the samsung gt-i9020. and is a silicone rubber impact case. The holes for the connectors, camera etc are in the right place (including a hole for the top where you remove the cover strangely). There are recessed buttons that match the power and rocker switches.

the case is too large and too flexible, the phone will very easily pop out of the case. There is no grip between phone and case, but plenty with case and hand. Many times the phone tried to make an escape out of my hand! I would demonstrate in a video but I can't do it with the nexus s!

also I do not know if this happens for others but using the phone in landscape mode, I am prone to hitting the power button too often! case and caseless.

I do not recommend this case for this reason. It may protect well against impact if you do drop it, but if it increases the chance of dropping it then it's worse off.

I may not have a case, seeing as the battery cover comes off entirely and may be replaced by a shiny new one at a later date if it becomes damaged. I look forward to hearing about more cases on the market, they are a bit thin on the ground for this new phone.

Seido Case

Anyone get this case:

seidioonline.com

If you do, I have some questions about it. Does it have that velvety lining? Does it work with a screen protector? Is it obnoxiously bulky? Are you happy with it?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Helloo256 View Post
    Anyone get this case:

seidioonline.com

If you do, I have some questions about it. Does it have that velvety lining? Does it work with a screen protector? Is it obnoxiously bulky? Are you happy with it?

Thanks guys!
    It looks like the same crappy platinum case they sell at best buy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links