Android Market Does Not Display New Updates

This is a discussion on Android Market Does Not Display New Updates within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just upgraded from the Nexus One to the Nexus S and noticed some strangeness with the Android Market. After I completed the setup routine ...

Thread: Android Market Does Not Display New Updates

Android Market Does Not Display New Updates

I just upgraded from the Nexus One to the Nexus S and noticed some strangeness with the Android Market. After I completed the setup routine the Market showed me all of the apps I had previously purchased in the "downloaded" section, but it did not automatically download any of them. Perhaps it's a bad assumption on my part, but my understanding is that it should have downloaded/installed not only the apps I had previously paid for but also the ones which I had previously downloaded/installed for free. Furthermore, I noticed that the pre-installed versions of some of the Google Apps (e.g. Maps, Gmail) were not the most current versions, but when I go to the Market it never mentions that any updates are available and when I pull up specific apps such as Gmail it just displays them as "Free" vs. "Update Available".

Is something screwy going on with the Android Market for Nexus S users?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Strange. When i logged into the Market for the first time it automatically downloaded all the apps I had installed on my Nexus. It also noted the programs I had purchased and uninstalled previously on the N1 and left them uninstalled. A couple of paid programs had to be deleted and reinstalled afterwards however because they did not recognize I had purchased them after I launched them.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links