home button

This is a discussion on home button within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got the nexus s today any it seems the home button below the screen is less responsive than the back,menu, and search button. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: home button

home button

I just got the nexus s today any it seems the home button below the screen is less responsive than the back,menu, and search button. Anyone one else notice this? Just wanna see if its a common thing or just my phone

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    I just got the nexus s today any it seems the home button below the screen is less responsive than the back,menu, and search button. Anyone one else notice this? Just wanna see if its a common thing or just my phone
    Seems to work the same as it did on my Nexus One.

Spoon does that mean it does or doesn't seem as responsive as the other buttons?

I haven't noticed a difference between the home button and the other buttons. I got my S yesterday and I am very pleased with the sensitivity of the buttons. One of the things I hated about my Nexus One was the sensitivity of the buttons, it seemed I had to hit slightly above them and typically had to tap them more than once to get them to function.

Exclamation

My Home button doesn't work at all. It's very responsive - it vibrates when I barely touch it, but it doesn't take me to the home screen. This is my first Android phone, so maybe that's normal, but it's not what I expected. Is my phone defective?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisP View Post
    My Home button doesn't work at all. It's very responsive - it vibrates when I barely touch it, but it doesn't take me to the home screen. This is my first Android phone, so maybe that's normal, but it's not what I expected. Is my phone defective?
    I would think that your home button is not working but not broken I think since it vibrates it is receiving the signal that you touched the button so it should not be hardware I think it is software. Has it always done this or it this a new thing? I would say that in your position I would do a factory reset and see what happens.

Same here home not workinng but responsive. Also same deal with my search button. Any fixes?

Have you tried the factory reset because this should not be hardware because the button is still responsive just not executing the command it is supposed to.

I took mine back to best buy an exchanged it. Home button on the new one is very responsive an works everytime

After popping out the battery (to get to the IMEI), putting it back in and turning it on again, everything is working fine. I also realized that I was missing the "slide to unlock" screen, but the restart fixed that too.

So if the soft buttons are giving you trouble, "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links