Nexus S Can make call but No internet access

This is a discussion on Nexus S Can make call but No internet access within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; In my case I bought an unlocked one in Bestbuy for $529.00 without a Plan. I have sim card from another carrier. When I installed ...

Thread: Nexus S Can make call but No internet access

Nexus S Can make call but No internet access

In my case I bought an unlocked one in Bestbuy for $529.00 without a Plan. I have sim card from another carrier. When I installed it works for making calls but not Internet Data acces is available. I configure the APN and still doesn't work.

I did a test with a Rebelsimcard and then it works but just for a while and then it stops, it gets unregistered from the network. I removed the Rebelsimcard and it register but only for making calls. then if I wait a few minutes and then put again the rebelsimcard it start to works perfectly for while but it happens again.

Any ideas on what the problem it could be? How can I fix this permanetly?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried contacting your carrier?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

It sounds like a dying sim card. Had exact same problem with my sim in august.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Have you tried contacting your carrier?
    Not yet because they dont sell Nexus S. I dont think they will know. Maybe I need to change or put the complete APN for Claro...

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    It sounds like a dying sim card. Had exact same problem with my sim in august.
    I was chatting with a fellow regarding this issue and he mention that I should check the APN and be sure I put manually all the information using the SIM card from carrier only without the Rebelsim.

I might try that to see what happen. ..

Let you know!!

ade
    I'm having the same problem. Just bought Nexus S last week at best buy. Cannot access internet via GPRS/EDGE/UMTS. Have tried change SIM card and also try to manually input APN's. Can anybody please help ????

I am having the same issue of not being able to access data randomly. I've called T-mobile twice now, and they say there is nothing wrong with my account. So far the only thing that gets me reconnected to data is a hard reset. I just want to know if this is a phone issue, a SIM card issue, or a network issue.

ok, I think I fixed the problem in no scence way. I m using another carrier (Claro) and what I did is that I did a full hardware reset erasing everything on the phone.

That can be done in settings + Privacy then Factory data Reset.

When the process is finish I configure again the APN using the APN addres and the port and it works...

Please try this with your own carrier and let us know is this solve the problem.

This morning, again, I could make calls but not access the internet on T-mobile with my Nexus S. I tried rebooting (which has fixed it every other time this has happened) and it still wouldn't connect. Called T-mobile, but they couldn't help much while I was on the phone. Tried a factory reset, didn't help still no data. Tried the SIM card in my Nexus One, and it worked fine. Was planning on taking Nexus S back to best buy, but called T-mobile again from my work phone and the call rep told me that I needed "Android Internet" on my account. Don't know if this will work, rep said it could take up to 2 hrs. but thought I'd share... I'll report back with if this works or not.

nexus s connectivity problem

hi
    I have the same problem with my phone but I 'm from Europe. Orange, my network provider, was not able to setup the connection automatically, nor manually. After few attempts finally MMS were setup. they tried to send me conf SMS for Galaxy S, I did not received them. the manual settings were setup without any success. I 'm really disappointed with this phone because I can't use it as it was designed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links