Ringtones Not Working on Nexus S

This is a discussion on Ringtones Not Working on Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, So i saved some mp3 ringtones on my nexus s phone. It was working perfectly until recently it automatically stopped working. Now when anyone ...

Thread: Ringtones Not Working on Nexus S

Ringtones Not Working on Nexus S

Hi,
    So i saved some mp3 ringtones on my nexus s phone. It was working perfectly until recently it automatically stopped working.

Now when anyone calls me, the ringtone either just doesnt ring OR at times the ringtone rings for half a second and then doesnt play the remaining of the track.

Any ideas on how I could fix this ?

I had saved the ringtones in media/audio/ringtones or whatever the folder is.. i had googled that.. and it was working after that, but today suddenly it stopped working

so now when anyone calls me, basically there is no ringtone.

after sometime i also tried calling my cell phone again from my home phone and to my surprise the phone was ringing on my home phone but my nexus s wasnt even ringing.. like it didnt even show i had a missed call.. very wierd

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sound more like an issue with your sim card then your nexus, do you have another phone you could try the sim in if so I would try that for a day or two and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Sound more like an issue with your sim card then your nexus, do you have another phone you could try the sim in if so I would try that for a day or two and see what happens.
    I had been using this sim card with my old Nokia N82 and it never had such problems. I just transferred this sim card over to the nexus s a couple days ago so i doubt it has anything to do with the sim card

Hum very strange in deed. Then all I could tell you is maybe factory reset if that doesn't fix just bring it back for an exchange because this is not normal.

Try downloading Ringdroid, and make a ringtone out of your MP3, it should put it in the ringtone folder automatically. (It may help, sorry for the problem though, I have yet to discover any problems like that on the Nexus One, it might be a 2.3 bug?)

Quote Originally Posted by rockingcrazy View Post
    Hi,
    So i saved some mp3 ringtones on my nexus s phone. It was working perfectly until recently it automatically stopped working.

Now when anyone calls me, the ringtone either just doesnt ring OR at times the ringtone rings for half a second and then doesnt play the remaining of the track.

Any ideas on how I could fix this ?

I had saved the ringtones in media/audio/ringtones or whatever the folder is.. i had googled that.. and it was working after that, but today suddenly it stopped working

so now when anyone calls me, basically there is no ringtone.

after sometime i also tried calling my cell phone again from my home phone and to my surprise the phone was ringing on my home phone but my nexus s wasnt even ringing.. like it didnt even show i had a missed call.. very wierd
    I have a similar issue with my Nexus S: my MP3 ringtone is not sticky and I have to go back to select it. Must be a bug with Ginberbread. I've had many instances where the phone prompts me for data and it does not get saved. After a few tries it finally saves it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links