Nexus S Only edge access No 3G

This is a discussion on Nexus S Only edge access No 3G within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Actually, the AT&T UMTS bands 850/1900 are very commonly used in the Americas. The T-Mobile 1700 band is less commonly found outside of the USA. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus S Only edge access No 3G

Actually, the AT&T UMTS bands 850/1900 are very commonly used in the Americas. The T-Mobile 1700 band is less commonly found outside of the USA.

Things are going to get even more complicated as new spectrum blocks are used in the USA and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    Actually, the AT&T UMTS bands 850/1900 are very commonly used in the Americas. The T-Mobile 1700 band is less commonly found outside of the USA.
    I wasn't comparing AT&T's 1900 band to T-Mobile's 1700 band, I was comparing it with the 2100 band that the Nexus S supports. 2100 is much more commonly used in the world than AT&T's 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post

Things are going to get even more complicated as new spectrum blocks are used in the USA and elsewhere.
    Hate to be the one to break it to you, but there is life outside the USA. The rest of the world usually (not always, but definitely more common) the 2100mhz freq for 3g. I'm currently in Hong Kong rocking 3g over 2100mhz on Smarttone/Vodafone with my Nexus S.

Its not a restriction, or a lock, its simple compatibility issues. The reason google didnt include support for every frequency under the sun, is because that would simply add to the cost, and since AT&T couldn't give a damn about the Nexus, why should their frequencies be supported in the initial release?

Give it time, I'm sure they will release a Nexus S with support for 850mhz 3g like the did with the Nexus 1. Its not like apple has released an iPhone with support for 1700mhz 3g yet.....

Another reason why they did not include all the frequencies ever made I think is because of the same reason I think they didn't put in an SD card slot, and that would be space a phone is only so big they can't put in unlimited amounts of hardware. Why do you think they keep making everything smaller.

I am planning to switch over to mysimplemobile prepaid service to get 3G. i think they use Tmobile 3G(1700Mhz) bandwidth for 60$ (unlimited talk text web). have anyone else had some experience with nexus S and mysimplemobile??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links