Strange error message effecting contacts in messaging

This is a discussion on Strange error message effecting contacts in messaging within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; After using blackberry for over a decade I recently switched to a Nexus S and I am not familiar with trouble shooting Android quite yet. ...

Thread: Strange error message effecting contacts in messaging

Strange error message effecting contacts in messaging

After using blackberry for over a decade I recently switched to a Nexus S and I am not familiar with trouble shooting Android quite yet.

Either way I occasionally get an error message that says " The application Google Services framework ( process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

This only happens when I am in Messaging/Texting people. For some reason it removes everyone's name and they just show up as numbers. So instead of " John Smith" they will come up as just a number ( 333444000) like I don't have them stored. This happens in every text thread I have when the error occurs.

Anyone have experience with why this is happening? Am I doing something to cause this? I appreciate the time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I personally have never had this issue but what I would do in your situation is delete cache and data for the messaging app, if you don't want to lose your text messages then use an app like sms backup (search that in the market there should be a bunch of them). Then come back to us in a few days with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I personally have never had this issue but what I would do in your situation is delete cache and data for the messaging app, if you don't want to lose your text messages then use an app like sms backup (search that in the market there should be a bunch of them). Then come back to us in a few days with the results.
    I've done this. In actuality I think Google Talk may be causing this. I am going to spend more time keeping an eye on it but I just noticed when the error popped up I was logged out of Gtalk and had to log back in. Could have something to do with it.

I have also this message since the last update from Googles, I never had that message before and now almost 10 times a day, and it is always when I use my agenda....if someone can tell me how to end this.

Also they changed the agenda, to reflect by default a reminder, 10 minutes before the meeting...i don't like this as I always have to think to remove this now, when entering a new entry.

Back up your sms and contacts, then delete data from the Messaging and Contacts apps. (through the applications manager in the regular phone settings).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links