Nexus S or back to MT4G

This is a discussion on Nexus S or back to MT4G within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Wow.....some of the 'points' made in this thread are flat out absolutely retarded. I can make stupid lists too! Pros of MT4g -4g -HD Recording ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S or back to MT4G

Wow.....some of the 'points' made in this thread are flat out absolutely retarded.

I can make stupid lists too!

Pros of MT4g
    -4g
    -HD Recording

Pros of NS
    -better screen (Super AMOLED on NS vs LCD on mt4g)
    -bigger screen (4" on NS vs 3.8" on mt4g)
    -better ui (no crap sense overlay)
    -faster cpu (humminbgird on NS vs Snapdragon on mt4g)
    -faster software updates (it took over a month for CM to be released stable with froyo)
    -lighter (I dont like carrying a brick around in my pocket, and the NS does NOT feel cheap just because its lighter)

The MT4g is a great phone, don't get me wrong, and in the end it DOES come down to simple preference, even when looking at my super cool list with bullet points....but the list sheanzy posted claiming 'Y TEH MT4G IS A BETR FONE!!1' and the subsequent points he made are again, retarded.....

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspiff33 View Post
    Wow.....some of the 'points' made in this thread are flat out absolutely retarded.

Pros of MT4g
    -4g
    -HD Recording

Pros of NS
    -faster software updates (it took over a month for CM to be released stable with froyo)
    -lighter (I dont like carrying a brick around in my pocket, and the NS does NOT feel cheap just because its lighter)

The MT4g is a great phone, don't get me wrong, and in the end it DOES come down to simple preference, even when looking at my super cool list with bullet points....but the list sheanzy posted claiming 'Y TEH MT4G IS A BETR FONE!!1' and the subsequent points he made are again, retarded.....
    First off, this post is insulting and incomprehensible. .2' of a screen proves no visible difference. A 1GHz processor is still 1GHz. Over-clocking permits 1.13GHz to 1.257 GHz. Take your pick.

Super AMOLED is nice. Its outdoor lighting is HORRIBLE, but it is what it is. Each screen has its strong and weak points.
    Also CM, regardless of Alpha release, is usable as an everyday driver. So to make reference to 'months' of waiting for updates it implausible.

My argument is, why buy a Nexus S when you can get just as much AND some with the MT4G. In 2010, why should we root/hack/load custom shhh* on our phones to enable 720p? I don't have a problem with it because I root/hack every phone that I get. For those who aren't fond with flashing/rooting/Custom ROM's, it isn't an easy area to tread into.

To make insulting comments such as "I can make stupid lists and cool bullet points" is just lameeeee. Educate yourself, use proper English or something comprehensible and stay on point without flaming the topic. What you need to learn to do is lay out a foundation of points without flaming a person or topic that looks like you don't even belong in. Kthx.

For the record, neither phone feels cheap. NS is plasticky, but 529$ is not cheap.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspiff33 View Post

Pros of MT4g
    -4g
    -HD Recording

Pros of NS

First off, this post is insulting and incomprehensible. .2' of a screen proves no visible difference. A 1GHz processor is still 1GHz. Over-clocking permits 1.13GHz to 1.257 GHz. Take your pick.

Super AMOLED is nice. Its outdoor lighting is HORRIBLE, but it is what it is. Each screen has its strong and weak points.
    Also CM, regardless of Alpha release, is usable as an everyday driver. So to make reference to 'months' of waiting for updates it implausible.

My argument is, why buy a Nexus S when you can get just as much AND some with the MT4G. In 2010, why should we root/hack/load custom shhh* on our phones to enable 720p? I don't have a problem with it because I root/hack every phone that I get. For those who aren't fond with flashing/rooting/Custom ROM's, it isn't an easy area to tread into.

To make insulting comments such as "I can make stupid lists and cool bullet points" is just lameeeee. Educate yourself, use proper English or something comprehensible and stay on point without flaming the topic. What you need to learn to do is lay out a foundation of points without flaming a person or topic that looks like you don't even belong in. Kthx.

For the record, neither phone feels cheap. NS is plasticky, but 529$ is not cheap.
    Apparently you have difficulties reading 'proper english'. I never said 'months of waiting', I said 1 month, which is fact. And no, the alpha releases are not stable kthx. I heart cm and used it on my n1 religiously. To call the alpha release stable is..
    ......retarded. As is claiming 1ghz is 1ghz. I could go on, but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop being a nob is all I really have left to say.

Ok, guys. Settle down in here. I've closed very few threads in here, and I'd rather not close this one...but that's up to you guys.

I've had the Nexus S for about a week now and it is just absolutely mind-blowing.

You should get the Nexus S if you want the best of the best. Btw, who really needs 720p on a cell phone? I doubt James Cameron gives a hoot.

It kicks major butt, it has super-sexy black curves, has absolutely no bloat-ware, and integrated free tethering. It cannot be beat in my opinion.

And just a little side point with a nexus phone rooting is as simple as installing the sdk to your computer then typing fastboot oem unlock which unlocks the bootloader then installing superboot so who cares if you have to root or not and even then give it a month and there will be a one click method and bam you have 720p easy.

As I said. 720p STOCK is much better than 720p ROOT. For example, my N1 gets 22 FPS 720p with root. Stock gets 30FPS. Not choppy at all and the colors are amazing.

I'm not even going to reply to you spacemanspiff33, because it's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about . Alpha releases are stable as an everyday driver. A little FC's here and there and minor bug fixes aren't a case for non-stabilization. Fix permissions and you're FC problems cease to exist.

MT4G. Plain. Simple. Same price as the Nexus S on contract but with more features STOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    And just a little side point with a nexus phone rooting is as simple as installing the sdk to your computer then typing fastboot oem unlock which unlocks the bootloader then installing superboot so who cares if you have to root or not and even then give it a month and there will be a one click method and bam you have 720p easy.
    See. Many people look at this and cannot comprehend. It's Chinese to them . One-click root is cake, but root HD is not stock HD.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

There's a reason why they are called ALPHA releases, and the people releasing said releases, cover them with disclaimers explaining the known issues in said releases.

Sure they boot, and you CAN use them as 'daily drivers' but unless you enjoy force closes every 5 minutes, I wouldn't recommend them to 90% of the users out there.....the whole point of alpha releases is to shed light on/iron out the bugs, and to give peeps a chance to try out the features that are in fact stable.

I replied to you as polite as I could, out of respect for this board and the mods.

PS I speak Cantonese

And as an interesting aside, the 'more features' you list are still limited to STOCK 720P RECORDING and 4g......whereas myself and others have listed even MORE Features of the Nexus S over the MT4g.

They are both *great* phones, its entirely down to what is more important to the end user. Thats the beauty of android.....

spacemanspiff33 on this alpha is not so great as an everyday use thing on a side not is the cm7 alpha available for the nexus one or just the nexus S and MT4G I would think so but have not seen any posts about it on forums or news sites.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links