Nexus S or back to MT4G

This is a discussion on Nexus S or back to MT4G within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; It was you all here in the forum who put my mind at ease and talked me into the Nexus One..I loved it. I have ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus S or back to MT4G

Nexus S or back to MT4G

It was you all here in the forum who put my mind at ease and talked me into the Nexus One..I loved it. I have since had the EVO, Vibrant, MyTouch 4g, and now an old phone cause I SOLD that...

...planning on getting the Nexus S

Now the reviews are mixed, basically saying that the Hardware is nothing new and the Software rocks

All the Tmo employees continue to put it down and insist the mt4g is the best. One rep, when getting my pal a free g2, insisted he will love it, "it is the best android phone"

With that, and the MyTouchh 4g reviews, even though I had it, I am fearful. I DO like to have the best, but part of that may be sacrificing some things to have Pure google with the latest and greatest updates

I DO NOT need a sd card, nor hdmi, nor hd video
    BUT, I do like 4g and a solid phone

Some have told me, don't worry with gingerbread, it speeds the phone up. It is fast,almost as fast as the mt4g. the limit of the mt4g is 14, but itnever reaches it

Will I regret getting the Nexus S. Should I, while I have the chance, get the MyTouch again, or switch to Sprint and get the Evo again??

Help please

Eric

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well the MT4G is a good phone no doubt about that, but I would suggest a Nexus S. I suggest the Nexus S, not just because its "new and the cool thing to get". I suggest it because it has (as other reviewers have stated) one of the best speakers for calls and extremely good call quality. It is after-all a phone, and it should do what a phone should, make good phone calls.
    The 4G I have never tested, but I can say 3G is good enough for me. I would prefer to get a Vanilla Android phone with a clean U.I, and don't forget 2.3!
    I say go for the Nexus S, you won't regret it.
    **And for the "cheap" feel of the Nexus S, you could buy a good case to solve that**

1. T-mobile 4G is not all that special
    2. T-mobile reps are biased and are suppose to pump up the phones they are selling, so I am not surprised that he thinks the MyTouch 4G is better.
    3. The MyTouch 4G UI is awful the bootleg Sense skin just don't cut it and probably won't go passed gingerbread.

With that said I think the Nexus S is your best chose.

Or you could save that cash plus after x-mass is over you may get some extra money and you will be able to buy a T2 phone that is what I would do.

MT4G or Nexus S

I have had many phones.... I looked at the MT4G at the T-Mobile store and was not that impressed.... I decided on Nexus S and love the phone. I changed from I4 to Dell Streak to Nexus S.... I just ordered ZAGG full body instead of a case for the NS

I can't comment on the MT4G as I have never used it, but I can compare and contrast the Nexus One with the Nexus S and I can tell you the S is a far superior device. I liked my N1 but so far I love my S. For me, the S is better in almost every way- programs load faster, the Internet browser loads quicker, the touch sensitivity and accuracy are way better (my primary complaint with the N1), Gingerbread has just enough enhancements to make it worth having early, the screen is much better and even though it does show finger prints/smudges, it is not as nearly bad as the N1. My N1 screen was barely viewable because it smudged so badly, the S still looks crystal clear even with finger prints all over it. The weight of the phone is a personal preference and while I appreciated the heft of the N1, the lightness of the S doesn't bother me, it has a high-tech feel as if it was made from light weight carbon fiber. I mentioned it earlier but it’s worth repeating again, with the apps I am using the S is much more responsive and quicker in every way than my N1.

If I had to complain about something after 2 days of use it would be the battery life, it seems to be on par with the N1 which is pretty bad, and the S is a little more difficult for me to hold, the back gets slick which makes it a little hard to hold and since the screen goes almost all the way to the bottom of the phone it's hard to hold it at the bottom without clicking one of the soft buttons.

So far I am very pleased, fwiw, I am a corporate user so I rely on my device to send and receive emails all throughout the day- thank God for Nitrodesk Touchdown email app.

Well this is a very interesting topic because I'm in the same situation. I had a N1 and loved it. I now have a Iphone 4 and kind of regret selling my N1.

I hadn't been on this forum in quite awhile until I got a email inviting me to talk about the new Google nexus phone. I didn't even know Google had a new phone so I was excited.

Now that I have watched all the youtube video comparisons and, viewed all the specs I'm leaning toward a Mytouch 4g. The Nexus S kind of disappointed me a little but, I still like it. I don't understand why Google left out the things that they did (4G , expandable sd card etc...).

The thing that still has me on the fence is, all of the stuff the Nexus phone doesn't have is not that big of a deal to me. (the 4g would be nice)

Having said that, I have seen the Mytouch 4g 1st hand - my friend has one - and it's a very nice phone. People have said that the 4G is not that much different than the 3G and, I'm here to tell you that's not true, at least not in my area. I did a speed test test and was getting around 4-5 Mbps down. That's pretty fast for a phone and almost as fast as my DSL. The most I've got out of 3G was around 2 Mbps.

Either way, I'm coming back to Android.

I am very impressed with Android 2.3 on my NS..... go with MT4G or NS and you will not look back at i4.

My fiance has a mytouch 4g an while its an awesome phone it has nothing on the nexus s

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    My fiance has a mytouch 4g an while its an awesome phone it has nothing on the nexus s
    Hmmm, ok. That's cool but, I think it's just a matter of personal preference & opinion. The Nexus One was my first phone of that type (touch-screen slap-design).

Before I had a Blackberry. I mainly just wanted something new, lower cellular rate for what you get and, something I could use with my business. The Nexus One & T-mobile exceeded that. I then got caught up in all the cell phone craze (I guess I still am now). I bought a Ipad and, when the Iphone 4 came out, I jumped on it. I initially was going to keep my N1 until, I saw how much I could get for it, selling it along with the accessories.

After having the Iphone, which is a nice phone; I had to jailbreak it to even do some of the things you can already do for free with Android. I kind of regretted selling the N1 and, all these other phones started coming out.

My friend got a MT4G coming from a Iphone 3G and, I showed him some things he could do with Android. I don't mind the HTC-sense and, in fact I kind of like it. I will probably never root my phone (not with Android) and, I know the Mytouch 4G will do everything I need and then some.

I have a question, other than stock Android & Gingerbread; what makes the Nexus S so much better for you?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links