How to setup Free VOIP calling with Gizmo5+Google Voice+Nexus S native SIP stack

This is a discussion on How to setup Free VOIP calling with Gizmo5+Google Voice+Nexus S native SIP stack within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Not really. Gizmo5 offer a very simple description (here: http://support.gizmo5.com/index.php?...barticleid=409 ) as to how to set up SIP calling on your phone and it couldn't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to setup Free VOIP calling with Gizmo5+Google Voice+Nexus S native SIP stack

Not really.

Gizmo5 offer a very simple description (here: http://support.gizmo5.com/index.php?...barticleid=409) as to how to set up SIP calling on your phone and it couldn't be easier. I followed that because the above simply does not work

Here's the problem with the above:
    When you add a number to GV, it wants to call it to verify it
    This cannot work when you haven't first set up your Nexus S to be linked to your SIP phone number
    This cannot work till you have a Gizmo5 account (or similar)

Therefore the sequence is as follows:
    1) get GV account (I had one)
    2) get Gizmo5 account and set it up (where r the instructions?)
    3) set phone to link to Gz5
    4) set up GV with SIP (Gz5) number and allow GV to call your phone to verify

So here is another thing no-one metioned:
    If you set up as described here, you will get calls ONLY when connected to WiFi
    Therefore I set my GV to forward to both Gz5 AND my cell phone number (for now) so I can still get calls on my GV number when not on wifi (I use ONLY my GV number for all incoming calls)

yes really

First of all, Heinrich, your post makes no sense, grammatically or otherwise, as it has nothing to do with my post. maybe you should have posted under the first thread. I simply explained a very key setting that cannot be overlooked. Heinrich, Francoisp explained in the initial thread that you can NO LONGER get Gizmo5 numbers from Gizmo5, but you CAN buy them on ebay..
    Heinrich, understand, I explained in DETAIL why I set my nexus s's native sip/voip application up the way I did. I have been using a SIP phone when traveling overseas now for years. I certainly know how to set it up. I have an UNLIMITED mobile plan in the USA, so I dont want to or need to make calls via wifi simply because it is available.
    Heinrich, the Original thread of dhotiram and francoisp have it right.
    Period.

There are really easy steps to setup free voice calling with gizmo5. The most important think you need for it is high speed internet connection. There are many other advance VoIP calling facilities that provide you calling facilities in very cheap prices or in free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links