Nexus S - Wi-Fi issues.

This is a discussion on Nexus S - Wi-Fi issues. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey, i just brought my Nexus S yesterday and it was all working fine until a few hours ago, setting up Wi-Fi on the phone ...

Thread: Nexus S - Wi-Fi issues.

Nexus S - Wi-Fi issues.

Hey, i just brought my Nexus S yesterday and it was all working fine until a few hours ago, setting up Wi-Fi on the phone was very easy and it was working until i tried to log into my Wi-Fi network, it says that it is connected but everytime i go into the Android store, or go onto the browser or anything internet related i get this message
    "Attention, A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I've currently tried turning the phone on and off, factory reseting the phone, booting the phone up without a sim card and then placing the sim card back in.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

One thing I found on these phones is they do not like the lower wifi channels. I had to lock my wireless router to channel 4. Channel 1 would connect but not pass data.

Is it fully connected when you try this like does it say something like obtaining IP address or something? Another thing is this true for all WI-FI networks or just your home one do you have one at work or something you could try.

have exactly the same problem.
    The WiFi connection is not stable, but the Wifi is 100% OK. Works fine with my notebooks.

btw: I found this post... http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...-wifi-strength

bump. My signal strength is fine, but the Nexus S just cuts out every once in a while (the wifi signal icon AND phone reception icon will turn white instead of green, and at that point the internet just doesn't work at all for up to a minute or two). This happens with multiple routers in multiple locations with different internet connections. Even happens when I am a few feet from the router. 3G works fine, but it's very annoying to have to use 3G when I'm at home. Anyone find a solution? Hardware replacements work for anyone?

WIFI not working on NExus s

Hey did anyone got a solution for this thing. I am too getting the same issue on my Nexus S. WIFI was working fine until few days back, it shows full strength and connected but i m not able to browse anything.
    Keeps on giving me "A Network error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the previous screen".
    I checked the WIFI and its working fine on my laptop and ipod touch.

Thanks
    Gurvinder

I have found that wifi and 3G mobile data enabled do not seem to work well together. If I have my wifi enabled, I will almost always have connection issues if 3G data is enabled.
    I would like the wifi and 3G data to be able to work simultaneously without issue, I think it is rather silly to have to disable 3G data everytime I want to use a wifi connection. If anyone has any idea of a solution, please advise

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by npearson84 View Post
    I have found that wifi and 3G mobile data enabled do not seem to work well together. If I have my wifi enabled, I will almost always have connection issues if 3G data is enabled.
    I would like the wifi and 3G data to be able to work simultaneously without issue, I think it is rather silly to have to disable 3G data everytime I want to use a wifi connection. If anyone has any idea of a solution, please advise

Nick
    There is no conflict between WiFi and 3G. WiFi takes priority. That's why the 3G symbol disappears from the status bar when WiFi is connected.

Both are just ways to get Internet connectivity, although your phone calls will still go through the 3G connection (just not as data).

Both 2G and 3G (and 4G if you have a phone like that) support both voice and data (some networks can't do both at the same time).

Ok I have the same issue, Ill try to give as much information as possible

Wifi was working fine, no problems what so ever
    Turn phone on and leave home
    3G was on all day and working fine
    Get home and wifi does not work, getting message "webpage not available" when I access the browser, that is every single webpage
    When trying to access the app store I get the message " a network error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the previous screen
    There is no attempt at loading when the browser or app store is launched, it is instantaneous
    3G continued to work fine
    School wifi worked fine
    Home wifi working on all other devices, laptop, netbook, iPod and iPhones
    So far unchanged

The phone has ip address, Mac address so that is not the issue

Ummm... The router that is used at home is a Thompson gateway router provided by bigpond

My attempts have resulted in null, I tried rebooting phone, taking sim out and leaving it off for hours, I did a complete factory restore and it is still not working

Please don't give up because I love this phone yet I may have to get a new one as my 3G is only 900mb and I cant use that for everything...

Its not your phone, its your router. Try rebooting your router and modem...

Sponsored Links