Nexus S Reception Question

This is a discussion on Nexus S Reception Question within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi everyone. Does the Nexus S have any of the reception issues the Nexus One has? I have a N1 right now and really like ...

Thread: Nexus S Reception Question

Nexus S Reception Question

Hi everyone. Does the Nexus S have any of the reception issues the Nexus One has? I have a N1 right now and really like it, but the reception issues are pretty terrible and for the most part unfixable.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I own a Nexus One and recently purchased a Nexus S. I took the NS to a parking lot where my N1 would get Edge coverage in one location, but consistently received 3G in a higher location of the same parking lot. The NS behaved exactly the same as the N1; Edge in the lower part of the parking lot and 3G in the upper part of the lot. This either means the NS also gets poor 3G coverage, or people were just whining about the N1 for whatever reason. Since the NS is from a different manufacturer, I'm leaning toward the latter.

Thanks for this question. I had the same issue with my N1. I would get edge at home almost all the time this bothered me considering my sons sidekick got 3g.
    I purchased the NS and I have the complete reverse. I now enjoy 3g at home. I can only say that the five phones I swapped (N1) were problem phones or perhaps the phone itself but my NS is doing the job.I loved my N1and never would have switched if my 3g was stable. I know people might blame the phone the carrier or both. I personally don't care end result was it didn't work. I will suggest pick up a NS test it yourself if its the same take it back. I tested it and its my new phone also the touch screen works without those touch issues that plagued so many N1 owners including myself.
    I will say though if you have no issues with ur N1 stay with the N1 no need to switch over the NS though better not enough to justify spending the money. I would be just as happy staying with my N1 once it gets gingerbread.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links