Nexus S and videotron

This is a discussion on Nexus S and videotron within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I came back from a Videotron store to try it on my new Nexus S and it didn't work. I'm so pissed right now because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S and videotron

Nexus S and videotron

I came back from a Videotron store to try it on my new Nexus S and it didn't work.

I'm so pissed right now because it would have to work....

Could it be locked or something???

Can someone help me with that issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It can't be locked because nexus phones are factory unlocked. But there is another issue I believe is present and it's rather complicated (but if you want to know just check paragraph below) and its software related so they will probably have to be fixed by Videotron.

It's because Videotron use a custom ROM for their nexus ones and when you ask a rep why they will tell you it is because the frequency is higher than usual so you need to alter it which can be done by modifying the software. How this is related to your problem is because your nexus S in not running that Videotron cooked ROM and I don't think there will be one until the nexus S is officially released in Canada unless some developer somewhere gets pist and decides to fix this issue with a custom ROM of his own.

Nexus s

Ses que ta présentement un Nexus one et que videotron va devoir réactivé ton appareil. De la date que ta reçu l'appareil ta 30 jours pour l'échage et je te fais la surjection fortement de prendre le motorola xt720. d'accord ses android 2.1 mais la vision est meilleur et il ce tient mieux dans la main.

Nexus S works, with some tweaking

nexus S works perfectly, but you need to add the videotron apn and apn MMS in order for everything to run smoothly. You won't get this info by their tech support, plus they will tell you it's not supported. I'll post the info by tuesday, I'm not home and don't have the info on me

Nexus one

Ca ne peut pas etre Nexux s il est pas au canada et pas a montréal pour videotron. Donc ces cet appareil que tu a au prix de 49,95$ et ta une annonce qui dit que videotron offre le nexux one.

J'ai bien le nexus S, configuré sur le réseau videotron... je crois je vais devoir poster une video sur youtube

Bon je vais le faire, att 30 minutes je vous montre la preuve

nexux

Bien je vais regardé le video.

Bon j'ai filmé en HD, alors mon upload est un peu plus long que prevu, ça s'en viens, reste 25 minute selon youtube

Quote Originally Posted by lucuboy View Post
    I came back from a Videotron store to try it on my new Nexus S and it didn't work.

I'm so pissed right now because it would have to work....

Could it be locked or something???

Can someone help me with that issue?
    I have a Nexus S and it works on Videotron. Don't bother with their suupport as they are not going to help you get this going.
    You have to set up the 2 APNs (see below)!

apn carrier=Videotron
    mcc=302
    mnc=500
    apn=media.videotron
    proxy=10.208.89.17
    port=8080
    server=http://m.videotron.com/portail
    type=default,supl

apn carrier=Videotron MMS
    mcc=302
    mnc=500
    apn=media.videotron
    mmsproxy=10.208.89.17
    mmsport=8080
    mmsc=http://m.videotron.com
    type=mms

Also, the Videotron e-mail doesn't work so you'll have to use POP until they fix their client which they say will be ready in a few weeks.

There you go, all the info on the previous post from Lucuboy is right

Here is more proof:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbaKMCturSY]YouTube - Videotron Nexus S[/ame]

Sorry for the shaky camera. Make sure to watch it in HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links