App Inventor?

This is a discussion on App Inventor? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Has anyone tried using the Nexus S with Google's App Inventor? I tried hooking it up last night and failed, but there's a solid chance ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: App Inventor?

App Inventor?

Has anyone tried using the Nexus S with Google's App Inventor? I tried hooking it up last night and failed, but there's a solid chance I screwed it up...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just tried the app inventor. Folowed the steps on the "getting started" page and made a simple app. All worked fine. Where are you getting stuck?

EDIT: If you need the USB drivers, heres the ones off the Android SDK, They are the ones I've got installed for my Nexus S and work fine, they were downloaded via the SDK and I think they are just general debug drivers.

Note: If any one is interested in programming for Android. Check out the App Inventor. Its oddly addictive going though the tutorials. Its nothing like using the SDK, but it gives you an idea to the logic behind the sdk and a good starting point for beginners.

EDIT: From "playing" with the app inventor theres a few point I would like to make. It seems all app's come loaded with Storage, Network Communication and Phone Calls permissions no matter what your app does. for example the QR code above is a small app that plays a sound when you touch a image no more but has these perms.
    (resized for the love of screen real estate, but you can still see the perms - click to enlarge if you wish)
    The app also comes at a weighty 4.7meg. Gonna run the debugger later and see if the app 'phones home', Guessing Google may want stats on how the inventor apps are being used (Would explain the Phone Calls and Network perms) after all, the inventor is a beta (ok, so its a Google beta. Gmail only recently lost its beta tag, I was using gmail for about 4 years before it lost its beta tag) product and gathering data about beta products helps fixes bugs and improve the product.

Hey thanks for the reply! I'm going to try again tonight, and will certainly update you asap.

If you get stuck let me know, I'll try and help you though it. If need be I'll team viewer with you and guide you though it.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

It says "waiting for a device"

I have installed the software on my PC, and connected the phone. I also followed the instructions for setting up the development options on the phone. Is there a piece of software I missed?

Thanks!!!

I'm having the same problem. I followed the instructions to install it on my PC then I started doing HelloPurr and when I got to the part to connect to my phone I'm stuck at "waiting for device". Like alanudi I also am sure my phone settings are correct. I tried with USB storage on and off but no luck with either. Anyway if someone could come through with an answer I'd really appreciate it.

alright! I'm not crazy haha

Hopefully, someone can help us.

Hopefully, in the meantime I've been using the emulators just to get through these tutorials but I have an idea for an app I know I could make with this but it will do me no good if I can't get it on my phone...

Enable USB Debugging

Quote Originally Posted by bclapper View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I followed the instructions to install it on my PC then I started doing HelloPurr and when I got to the part to connect to my phone I'm stuck at "waiting for device". Like alanudi I also am sure my phone settings are correct. I tried with USB storage on and off but no luck with either. Anyway if someone could come through with an answer I'd really appreciate it.
    I think you must be facing problem coz U haven't enable "USB Debugging" mode in the phone.
    Go to settings->Application->Development and check "USB Debugging".
    This should solve the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links