Do u notice a bluish screen on the nexus s? particularly when viewing from an angle

This is a discussion on Do u notice a bluish screen on the nexus s? particularly when viewing from an angle within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all, Do u notice a bluish screen on the nexus s? particularly when viewing from a narrow angle. particularly, if i have a white ...

Thread: Do u notice a bluish screen on the nexus s? particularly when viewing from an angle

Can you compare your Nexus S' screen with mine? Is there a color problem?

Hi all,

Do u notice a bluish screen on the nexus s? particularly when viewing from a narrow angle. particularly, if i have a white background and look straight to the screen it's just a little bit bluish, but if i lean down myself and look at the screen from a narrow angle, then it becomes more obvious.

If compared to the Nexus one, it's very different. Pls see attachments (pics taken under white fluorescent lumination)

My questions:
    1. anyone notice the same thing?
    2. is it normal or should i get it replaced?
    3. i bought it from bestbuy.com, if i have to get a replacement how do i do that? mail it back to them or what?
    4. any other suggestions please?

thx a lot!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I thinks it's a super amoled thing cause I just made a side by side comparison of my nexus one (lcd) vs. my brothers vibrant galaxy S (super amoled) and it comes up pretty much the same as your nexus one vs. nexus S.

see above

I read that the bluish tint is perfectly normal its a by product of the super amoled display so no reason to return.

so everything's nexus s is a bit bluish?

mm... that makes me feel a bit more comfortable at least i'm not getting a defect phone.

when i'm outdoor the screen looks excellent.. but especially when i'm in a darker environment the color of the display is just a bit abnormal...

The nexus s screen is supposed to have a blueish tint to it. Its perfectly normal

I noticed the same thing on my Nexus, and it reminded me of some 'color temperature' setting on my tv, which basically had the options:
    Cold (slightly blueish, like on the nexus)
    Normal (well.. normal.. duh)
    Warm (Slightly redish)

This leads me into thinking there might be some way of tweaking this on the Nexus also.

mgn
    My NS has the same condition as everyone...
    not big deal, but can see if here any way to tune it.

One word - AMOLED

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links