SMS For Dummies

This is a discussion on SMS For Dummies within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have just received my Nexus S after using a Blackberry for years. The first wee crossover problem I have encountered id ( I hope ...

Thread: SMS For Dummies

SMS For Dummies

I have just received my Nexus S after using a Blackberry for years. The first wee crossover problem I have encountered id ( I hope ) a simple one.
    When I go into -messaging -compose new message I was expecting to see a list of contacts but there is none.
    If I go to the contacts Icon they are all there but there is no option to text, only to call.
    Anyone tell me what I'm ding wrong.

Love the phone BTW.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try Handcent app in the market. Stock doesn't have that feature for some reason.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

You can start typing their name and it will come up, or just go to contacts and where it says call and has a phone icon look to the right and it will have a text icon.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandmist View Post
    I have just received my Nexus S after using a Blackberry for years. The first wee crossover problem I have encountered id ( I hope ) a simple one.
    When I go into -messaging -compose new message I was expecting to see a list of contacts but there is none.
    If I go to the contacts Icon they are all there but there is no option to text, only to call.
    Anyone tell me what I'm ding wrong.

Love the phone BTW.
    Once you type in a few contacts you'll have a list.

I can see that they copme up after a couple of letters are typed, I w2as used to just typing one on Blackberry.
    Handcent gives all contacts with a tick box which is cool.
    I'm going to go back to the stock SMS app for a week to see how I get on with it.

The android operating system acts different when it's a mobile phone or a home phone, If its under home phone android will not give you the option to send text messages . Go to contact check to see if your contacts mobile phone is registered as mobile phone or home phone, If it says home phone select menu and select edit contact and under phone section the button beside the phone number.

When composing a message Just start typing in the name or phone number of your contact in the text field and it should populate contacts associated with the letter or number typed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links