Nexus S WiFi Going Off

This is a discussion on Nexus S WiFi Going Off within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; OK one of the first things I have noticed since getting the phone is that the WiFi seems to turn itself off intermittently. This usually ...

Thread: Nexus S WiFi Going Off

Nexus S WiFi Going Off

OK one of the first things I have noticed since getting the phone is that the WiFi seems to turn itself off intermittently.
    This usually happens after waking up and not after it's been switched on from off.
    I live in UK and have the BTfon app which pops up because it notices theres no WiFi.
    Last time it happened going to the stock far right home screen with the connection icons and tapping it off and on sorted it, but I have also had to go to settings and turn it back on.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think it normal. Mine turns wifi off on lock unless im using wifi actively

Yeah maybe, no big deal just wasn't sure whether it was meant to happen or whether it was bug.

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's a power-saving feature. WiFi uses quite a bit of power.

This is a power-saving feature.

You can change the settings here...

Menu Key > Settings > Wireless and networks > Wi-Fi settings > Menu Key > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy

Change to "Never" so it only turns off manually.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links