Nexus S "Back" Button Not Responsive

This is a discussion on Nexus S "Back" Button Not Responsive within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've noticed the back button on the bottom of my Nexus S is not as responsive as the rest of the buttons. I exchanged my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S "Back" Button Not Responsive

Nexus S "Back" Button Not Responsive

I've noticed the back button on the bottom of my Nexus S is not as responsive as the rest of the buttons. I exchanged my first Nexus S as I thought this was a problem but the new one has the same problem.

Does anyone else have this problem? I might return it, but I'm leaning toward keeping it as the button does work, you need to tap it a couple of times in most cases.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Maybe the fact that it is on the complete left side of the phone might have something to do with it, it make you have to reach for it more. The other thing that is possible is that it has an issue similar to the one on the nexus one and that you need to tap slightly over the button to make it responsive.

thanks

Wow omg I thought it was me screwing up. I was thinking of returning it but that didn't work for you. I find the back key is a little less responsive at some point now it seems like a non issue compared to other phones.
    I noticed when I would lightly touch the soft keys ever so lightly I could touch the back key without a response at times only the back key.
    perhaps a software fix but over the last week I haven't noticed
    perhaps as mentioned possibly being on left not as natural movement and partially human error. I will add I totally forgot about it till I read ur post.

i was just about to ask about this; so it's not just me.

this is not repeatable, but when this happens, e.g. sometimes after holding 'home' then it pops up the recent apps list, i wanna back out but pressing the 'back' button multiple times won't even trigger anything.

but sometimes it just works perfectly.

not sure if it's hw or sw issue, but definitely there's a problem with the back button!

What I have noticed is that if you use the tip of your thumb it seems to be non-responsive. I have lately been using my thumb flat on the back button and it is working as it should. I am not sure if this is normal or a design thing.

Me too. Back button on my Nexus S dead as a doornail - starting today. Any solutions please or else I'll have to return it. (I wonder if Voice Actions may have something to do with it?)

Well if you are going to return it if it doesn't work then just try factory reset if that doesn't work then for sure it's hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well if you are going to return it if it doesn't work then just try factory reset if that doesn't work then for sure it's hardware.
    Wouldn't you believe it, 5 minutes after my post and the back button is working again?! I'll see how things play out next week; my return deadline is approaching.... (otherwise, I really like the phone; albeit frustrated with the lack of uniformity between some apps in executing basic routines, however) Thanks!

I had the same issue on my first nexus s. This seems to be a common hardware fault - I read on other threads of people reporting the exact same problem.
    I replaced my phone due to this issue and my new one works perfect - the back button is as responsive as the other buttons.

If you have this issue I would advise you to return the phone for replacement.

okay i'm pretty sure it's a software problem now.

i've had a couple times where the back button would even dim out while it should be there. so for some reason it just got disabled by the OS at the wrong moment.

anyone had the same experience?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links