Nexus S Megadeath!! Frozen on unlock pattern screen.

This is a discussion on Nexus S Megadeath!! Frozen on unlock pattern screen. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey, new Nexus S user here. I just had the phone for 4 days now and I had no issues till today when it totally ...

Thread: Nexus S Megadeath!! Frozen on unlock pattern screen.

Nexus S Megadeath!! Frozen on unlock pattern screen.

Hey, new Nexus S user here. I just had the phone for 4 days now and I had no issues till today when it totally went full retard.

I didn't root my phone or anything, just using stock android 2.3 with all market place apps. I needed to charge my phone, so I just plugged it into my computer for charging. (did not enable USB mode) My computer was on standby, but the phone said it was charging so I left it. I needed to use the computer, so I resumed power on it, logging in with my windows account and then the phone started to freak out as windows recognized the USB storage device.

My nexus went all unresponsive, no touch screen, no power button, no volume rocker and then rebooted itself.

I immediately disconnected the phone from the computer, let the phone complete its reboot (which took like.. forever.. almost 4 minutes?) and go to the unlock pattern screen. However, like earlier, the touchscreen and volume rocker did nothing. THe power button takes the device into standby mode, but pressing again does nothing. I can't got back to the unlock screen. I have to pry the battery out to reboot it.

I've read about the hard reset, but that wont work either. I took the battery out, put it back in, held down on the volume rocker down button and the power button, like it told me to do. However, Im, not taken to a recovery screen. The phone just boots up like normal and goes to the unresponsive unlock pattern screen.. wtf?? Maybe the rocker is dead so the phone didnt know I was pressing it??

One thing I noticed was that I was getting a SD card symbol with a gear inside it on the notification bar whenever the phone gets booted up, if that means anything. Very frustrated here.

*oh yeah, the phone seems to kinda still work. Even when the screen is black and I cant press any buttons, I can still hear email notifications and such when I get email. The network is gone though. It says no service..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well since this is a nexus S I will say bring it back to best buy and ask for an exchange because this is not normal to have come simply from connecting to a computer to charge. If you could not return the phone there might be a way to get it to work through a computer and factory reset it but that will defiantly involve unlocking/rooting so in your case just bring it back and get a new one.

that gear symbol on a regular android phone means it's loading the sd card. maybe you're having a memory issue
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Johnny just going to mention that that is not the only thing it is for because I have noticed from my brothers vibrant that it does that media scanning twice, my guess once for the memory card and once for the internal memory. So I figure it's normal for a nexus S for the internal memory.

i have same thing. after reading android os manual found that you to just drag the unlock icon towards right and everything opens up it is in page 20 .try that

basically it is just phone lock function same as we do with old cell phones so just dragging the unlock towards right will work. incase you have password it will prompt go to google website and download android manual . that explains all phone features

I Have the excact same problem!!!!

@zootia Did you solve the problem yet? I need help!!! i have the same problem, but it happened to me as i filled my internal memory and it suddenly crashed and rebooted. ever since it wont response to anything, just like you described.....but i dont just want to erase all my data so it works again (well practicly i want that), but safe all my files (sms, contacs etc.)

so what did you do? what was the reason why this happened?!!!

Unless you are rooted there is no way to get out of this other than wiping all your data. Your contacts are backed up to your Gmail account but your sms are going to be lost. Now to get out of this I need to know do you get 7 vibrations at the :nexusx: screen and if you hold vol- when booting up do you get a white screen with 3 skateboarding androids.

mhmm.......there may be a repair company that can save all the data on the internal sd. no sometimes i get 1 vibration at the startup screen and more when it's booted for like sms'ses and stuff.....no i dont get that screen.... as i said, my situation is the excact same as zootia's = the only button working is the power on button and only for booting up and "locking" the phone/ turning off the screen...

Oh sorry my bad didn't reread the post from zootia but this sounds hardware more than software so sorry but I can't really help you :/

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links