Mobile network issue with Nexus S

This is a discussion on Mobile network issue with Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Have a big annoying issue: I am using new unlocked Nexus. After a day of using phone loose carrier network. Nothing helps, only rebooting. This ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile network issue with Nexus S

Mobile network issue with Nexus S

Have a big annoying issue:
    I am using new unlocked Nexus. After a day of using phone loose carrier network. Nothing helps, only rebooting. This thing makes me mad.
    In Settings/Wireless&networks/mobile networks/network operators search for networks hangs up, just is searching and searching. Even in place where I sure the network is available the phone searches for networks forever.
    Has anyone clues or same problems?
    Carrier is Beeline, Moscow, Russia.
    Other phones work perfect, e.g. iPhone4

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How long do you wait for the search? Because on my phone where I have service it still takes a minute or two to find the networks.

I wait forever for network...That is phone is searching, and searching and so on with no results.
    Just after reboot everything is well and it takes some to find networks. But it eventually finds network and connects to it.
    I try to go in airplane mode, but it hangs up. I mean, phone is goes to airplane mode well and icon of plane near signal strength is there. But the menu to return back and unchecked airplane mode becomes dimmed and couldn't choose it. As well as return to normal mode thought power button.
    That's sucks. I hope the problem with software... But as far as I know there are no one else with the same issue on nexus s.

The fact that this issue is only present for you is all the more reason for it to be software. Do you have any apps that play with mobile network or something? If so try clear cache and data if that doesn't help uninstall se if the problem is still present if so all I can say is factory reset.

Well, did restore of system defaults, and again after several hours of work lost carrier. ****. This time have almost no apps, only several free apps backuped with google, e.g. twitter, facebook, evernote.
    I think, there is problem with my particular phone, damn. ((

Ya that is very possible if factory reset didn't help then your phone probably has a problem I would bring it back to bestbuy for an exchange if I were you.

I have the same problem. Airplane mode also hangs up.

I'm in Russia and use MTS.

Well, so the problem are our carriers!
    I am interested what's the difference between Network Providers in Russia and for example in USA?
    By the way I see some posts about similar problem with nexus one...

I have same problem.

my location Russia, Ulyanovsk city.
    Carrier is Beeline to.

I was change my old SIM card to new. But still have a trouble.

Hey guys, It is almost two days of being connected to network. No drop downs.
    The thing I change is to check data enable. Of course, it is some expensive for russian carriers to use permanently edge or 3g for data. But till present time it works.
    Anyone outside Russia and Ukraine are there similar issues with nexus s when you are not using mobile data permanently (e.i. data enable not checked)?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links