Gingerbread Keyboard Force Close

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Keyboard Force Close within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, I have been searching for this everywhere, certainly I can't be the only one who has experienced this problem... My gf recently purchased the ...

Thread: Gingerbread Keyboard Force Close

Gingerbread Keyboard Force Close

Okay, I have been searching for this everywhere, certainly I can't be the only one who has experienced this problem...

My gf recently purchased the Nexus S and LOVES it. But, she gets a force close every once in a while while using the keyboard. If she types in portrait mode, she has no problems. However, sometimes while typing in landscape mode, what she is typing does not appear on the screen. If she flips back to portrait, what she typed does appear, but will disappear when she goes back to landscape. And every time this occurs, she will eventually get a force close.

She had the phone only a couple days and experienced this a few times. So she returned the phone and replaced it, but still gets this error a couple times each day. Does anyone else have this issue? Like I said, I have not been able to find anyone else online that has this same problem. But surely she can't have the only two phones that have this error?!?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

touch the screen behind the KB and scroll up/down the page untill the text box appears

the box is their just hidden behind the KB

Quote Originally Posted by briguy55 View Post
    Okay, I have been searching for this everywhere, certainly I can't be the only one who has experienced this problem...

My gf recently purchased the Nexus S and LOVES it. But, she gets a force close every once in a while while using the keyboard. If she types in portrait mode, she has no problems. However, sometimes while typing in landscape mode, what she is typing does not appear on the screen. If she flips back to portrait, what she typed does appear, but will disappear when she goes back to landscape. And every time this occurs, she will eventually get a force close.

She had the phone only a couple days and experienced this a few times. So she returned the phone and replaced it, but still gets this error a couple times each day. Does anyone else have this issue? Like I said, I have not been able to find anyone else online that has this same problem. But surely she can't have the only two phones that have this error?!?
    You're not alone. My gf has this issue as well... I've noticed that overall, Nexus S is still pretty buggy, or should I say gingerbread is pretty buggy..

I have a similar issue.

At least ONCE a day I get keyboard freezes and messaging app freezes. Keyboard will LAG and not type then crash or just super lag. Sometimes I will type and no text shows up until I exit the keyboard then it shows so I can't tell what I'm typing.

I've tried hard reset and killing the app in app manager but no fix. The force close issue is extremely annoying and like clockwork happens at least once a day.

Besides that I love this phone but I can't stand this.

I've got the exact same issues that tyrannyofsouls describes on my Nexus One after getting the 2.3.3 OTA update.
    Came across this thread when I got so sick of it I had to start searching for a solution.

I just keep the screen clean, and my touchscreen KB issues are gone No more forced close

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links