Bestskinsever and the Nexus S

This is a discussion on Bestskinsever and the Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well as soon as I ordered my Nexus S, I also placed an order for a full body BSE skin. I was in Hong Kong ...

Thread: Bestskinsever and the Nexus S

Bestskinsever and the Nexus S

Well as soon as I ordered my Nexus S, I also placed an order for a full body BSE skin. I was in Hong Kong at the time and had it shipped to my Canadian address so I could apply it upon my return. A week after ordering it, I noticed BSE started a BOGO promotion which kind of made me but whatever....

Finally after 3 weeks of walking on eggshells using the phone naked worrying about everything and anything scratching it, I returned home and was able to apply the BSE.

I cracked open the envelope, and to my surprise, there were 2 sets of skins inside! Thanks BSE!! They really are an amazing company when it comes to customer service/everything, (I had a mistake with a previous order and they promptly rectified it by sending the proper skin) this time they knew they had an upcoming BOGO promotion and they simply honoured that for me, no questions asked (literally!) so a big cudos to them for that.

Onto the product.....the fit is AMAZING. Considering this skin was available on launch day, thats a pretty impressive feat on its own. I was originally intending on just using the back skin, but once I saw how well done the full body was, I decided to do it all.

The skin includes 1 large cover for the back, and again, fit is perfect. Cutouts for the camera/flash, the speaker, and the USB/mic on the bottom. Also includes a full front skin, again with cutouts for speaker and cam. Lastly, it includes 3 strips, one for the top, and 2 for the sides, meeting at the bottom.

Installation was a breeze, did it in a steamy bathroom for the first time and I think it really helped. I used a big bowl of warm water and 1 tiny drop of dish soap for the 'solution', dipping each piece in this fully before beginning the application.

How does it look? Amazing. 24 hours later there are a FEW tiny bubbles still, but from past experience, I know these will go away within a few more days as the skin starts to cure. The skin is porous so if you get a few bubbles, don't worry, they will evaporate just give it some time. Phone feels great now, has a real solid feel, almost as solid as my Nexus one, and has nice grip to boot. No more worrying about the thing sliding out of my hands.

Only complaint I have is, the screen is VERY glossy now, if there is direct light, reflections are pretty bad. I may remove the front protector in time if this starts to piss me off more, but I think I will be ok as the insane amount of protection I now have is probably well worth a bit of gloss, just being honest. I really like the fact my phone is now *extremely* well protected. From past experience with shields, I can attest to the fact they WILL protect it from a drop of around 5 feet (my iphone fell right out of my pocket onto hard asphalt....the skin looked like ass, but upon removal, the iPhone was still perfect), anything higher than that and well.....you dug your own grave....most shields/cases would be useless after a 10ft drop to begin with sooooo.....combine this with general care and your Nexus S should be mint for years to come.

All in all, great product, and extremely happy overall. I feel great knowing I have a spare in my drawer for in the future, in case I DO drop the thing again......Dont have pics yet as, well, the Nexus S is pretty much my camera :P I'll dig out my HTC Aria and try and post some pics soon.

For 9 bucks, this is probably the deal of the year

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here are the promised pics, sorry about the poor quality, the camera being used is an Aria...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

aaand a few more
    Attached Images Attached Images   

looks nice, ordered one as well

I order BSE for all of my devices, just put it on my Galaxy Tab last night! I am waiting for the one for my NS to arrive. Here is a pic on my HD7:
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

mgn
    looks great, i am waiting my NS sent form US, and i ordered an Carbon fiber back protect skin for my NS, can't wait to get it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links