Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo

This is a discussion on Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can someone please help me with this: I recently bought a new Nexus S in America and had it shipped to Belgium (where I live ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo

Question Difficult question

Can someone please help me with this:

I recently bought a new Nexus S in America and had it shipped to Belgium (where I live and using to phone now). I just can't manage to edit my "me" picture. I tried to do it using my gmail account, so I uploaded a picture for my phone number. I also tried another (older) phone and copied my number into my sim card. When I call myself, I can see the picture that I've uploaded while using my gmail account. But when i send someone a message, the "me" picture is still gray. Also my phone keeps saying that my phone number is "unknown" in settings -> about.

Can some please help me get rid of that gray box?

Thanks!

BTW: I really adore the Nexus S, only this picture has to change!

Just create a new contact with your phone number and select a pic

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Just create a new contact with your phone number and select a pic

I also tried that and nothing worked.

I think it's because my phone doens't recognize my number?

Please help!

If your phone doesn't recognise your number then it is because it is not programmed into the sim card (as the viewable phone number not as in to receive calls to that number) to find out if this is true go to settings -> about phone -> status then look for my phone number if it has your phone number your good if not then you will have to change that number to your phone number then problem solved.

Unhappy Doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    If your phone doesn't recognise your number then it is because it is not programmed into the sim card (as the viewable phone number not as in to receive calls to that number) to find out if this is true go to settings -> about phone -> status then look for my phone number if it has your phone number your good if not then you will have to change that number to your phone number then problem solved.
    Yes I know, when I go to settings -> about -> phone it says "unkown". I just can't get my phone number there. I allready tried to do this using gmail and another phone (creating a new contact on the sim).

That gray box is driving me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Joris7 View Post

Yes I know, when I go to settings -> about -> phone it says "unkown". I just can't get my phone number there. I allready tried to do this using gmail and another phone (creating a new contact on the sim).

Adding a new contact to your SIM with another phone will not work. You need to use another phone which has the ability to program the your phone number which is totally different to a contact. It's a different part of the SIM memory which stores your phone number, which is only editable with some phones.

You can use mostly old phones like a Sony Ericsson T630 to do this. I have one for sale in UK that I can sell for 10 inc. postage, thats how much I bought it for on eBay to do this fix myself.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post

Adding a new contact to your SIM with another phone will not work. You need to use another phone which has the ability to program the your phone number which is totally different to a contact. It's a different part of the SIM memory which stores your phone number, which is only editable with some phones.

You can use mostly old phones like a Sony Ericsson T630 to do this. I have one for sale in UK that I can sell for 10 inc. postage, thats how much I bought it for on eBay to do this fix myself.
    Oh ok thanks for the information. I have an old samsung E900. I programmed my number under "contact" -> "own numbers" -> "phone number". When i put my SIM back in my nexus s, it still says "unknown" under phone number (about -> phone). Did i do something wrong or isn't that what you mean by programming it on my SIM card?

Thank!

My Nexus S shows my number under settings/about phone

Oh ok thanks for the information. I have an old samsung E900. I programmed my number under "contact" -> "own numbers" -> "phone number". When i put my SIM back in my nexus s, it still says "unknown" under phone number (about -> phone). Did i do something wrong or isn't that what you mean by programming it on my SIM card?

Thank!
    Sounds like you did the right sort of thing but some phones don't actual re-program the SIM card, they just use it on their own internal memory. This is probably the case with your Samsung unfortunately.

You must also make sure that you program it in the correct format. The correct format is:

+CC1234567890

Where CC = country code

For example, take this UK mobile number

Country Code = 0044
    Mobile Number = 01234 567890
    Correct Format = +441234567890 (This is what you program to phone)

For USA, Country Code is 001, so it would +1, then add your mobile number except don't use the first zero
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post

Thank!
    Sounds like you did the right sort of thing but some phones don't actual re-program the SIM card, they just use it on their own internal memory. This is probably the case with your Samsung unfortunately.

You must also make sure that you program it in the correct format. The correct format is:

+CC1234567890

Where CC = country code

For example, take this UK mobile number

Country Code = 0044
    Mobile Number = 01234 567890
    Correct Format = +441234567890 (This is what you program to phone)

For USA, Country Code is 001, so it would +1, then add your mobile number except don't use the first zero
    Ok thanks for your fast reply

I gave my number in like you said, country code in belgium = 0032 -> +32.
    Well like you said, the problem will probably be my old samsung E900.

Can you recommand some phones that can program my number into my SIM card?

Thanks for all your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links