Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo

This is a discussion on Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; How do you set the contact photo for 'Me' in messaging? I've looked around and can't find a way to do it in 2.3 - ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo

Messaging: 'Me' Contact Photo

How do you set the contact photo for 'Me' in messaging? I've looked around and can't find a way to do it in 2.3 - cheers.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think you are referring to your Google Account photo.

This can be changed by logging into any google site and clicking on "My Account" in the top-right on the webpage.

This will take you to your Google Account page. Then click on "Edit profile" where you can edit your photo and see all your other public Google information.

Google.com/dashboard is a great site for reference as well.

when using handcent for sms, you can easily change your pic in the prefs of the app.

Hi, is there a way to link your own facebook account to yourself? I have my own entry in google contacts but there is no picture, facebook links or messages.

then again you can't add yourself in facebook?

the facebook app has synced and linked an account/picture for persons on my google contacts. Only if they have same names, which rules out using the stupid nicknames i give them (and on what they choose to call themselves on fb)!

I haven't created a google public profile yet and didn't particularly want to...

If you guys still fail to get a ME picture, try this cause it work with the N1.
    Take SIM out and put it in an older phone, create your contact with your infos and save it to the SIM card, put SIM back in Android and hopefully the ME contact work in SMS
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

why is it so hard ? just put one in your gmail settings or directly in handcent app.

you can syncronise your facebook contacts with yours in the phone. when creating a facebook account the phone ask you if you want it sync or not.

The one in my google profile is what came up on my phone.

Hey guys, Im also on O2 and just got the nexus S the other day, have the same problem with the greyed out "me" box when messaging, maybe its a carrier thing ?

also tried all the suggested methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddyw365 View Post
    Hey guys, Im also on O2 and just got the nexus S the other day, have the same problem with the greyed out "me" box when messaging, maybe its a carrier thing ?

also tried all the suggested methods.
    Go to Settings > About > Status

Under 'My phone number' you should see your phone number in format of +447890123456 (For UK)

If it is not in correct format or says "unknown" then you need to re-program the number which is stored on the SIM with an old phone like Sony Ericsson T630. (I will sell mine which I bought for this very purpose to anyone in UK!)

I also have myself in my contacts list complete with same number (and same format as above) complete with picture, it works fine. You do not need to name your contact as 'Me', name it whatever you like.

TIP: www.google.com/contacts for quick and easy editing of your contacts, any changes made will automatically apply to your phone with 30 seconds providing you have a good data connection (wifi/3g)
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Go to Settings > About > Status

Under 'My phone number' you should see your phone number in format of +447890123456 (For UK)

If it is not in correct format or says "unknown" then you need to re-program the number which is stored on the SIM with an old phone like Sony Ericsson T630. (I will sell mine which I bought for this very purpose to anyone in UK!)

I also have myself in my contacts list complete with same number (and same format as above) complete with picture, it works fine. You do not need to name your contact as 'Me', name it whatever you like.

TIP: www.google.com/contacts for quick and easy editing of your contacts, any changes made will automatically apply to your phone with 30 seconds providing you have a good data connection (wifi/3g)

Firstly, thanks for the speedy responce, much appreciated.

Secondly, worked a charm!

used my old blackberry 8900 to add my phone number to the "about" section of the sim card, then when i put the sim back in my Nexus the messages has the android in the once greyed out square, i just selected and it asked me to add it contacts..set a picture..done!

thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links