SMS contacts duplicating in results when searching your contacts in the To field

This is a discussion on SMS contacts duplicating in results when searching your contacts in the To field within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've factory reset my Nexus S a few times now, checked my contacts to ensure nothing is duplicated but when ever I start to type ...

Thread: SMS contacts duplicating in results when searching your contacts in the To field

SMS contacts duplicating in results when searching your contacts in the To field

I've factory reset my Nexus S a few times now, checked my contacts to ensure nothing is duplicated but when ever I start to type the name of the person I'm sending an SMS to, all the results are displayed twice - Adam, Adam, Alex, Alex, ect, ect.

There are no duplicates at all in my contacts, no bits of data stored twice and no numbers stored on my SIM so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

*edit - also I only have one number stored in each contact. People with more than one number, i.e. a mobile & home number, have a separate contact for each. It's duplicating all the results with the same number in each.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What else to you have linked to sync with your phone? Facebook? twitter? Have your contacts from one gmail account been synced with another gmail account some how? Thats usually the times I see the same problem you're having. It's usually because I have the same person as a facebook contact as well.

I've never installed facebook or twitter and nothing is linked to the phone like that as I only just got it brand new. It's been doing this out the box from the very first time I synced it with my google account.

I tried a factory reset, didn't install any other apps and have not synced my google account with anything else apart from the phone. What's strange is that if you look in contacts there is only one of each, it's literally only when you're composing a text message and start typing in the name of the person you want to send the text to, that's when all the names and numbers appear as duplicates. I even logged into my google account in chrome to check my contacts there and everything is a-ok.

Maybe it's a bug in the default text messaging program as that's the only app doing it?

It's not a problem as it doesn't stop me from finding people or sending texts, it's just annoying and I want to figure out what's causing it. Thanks for your help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links