How does the Nexus S GPS perform compared to your Nexus One? Please help!

This is a discussion on How does the Nexus S GPS perform compared to your Nexus One? Please help! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I know Samsung Galaxy S got some GPS issues and I've found both positive & negative comments about the Nexus S GPS. Some ...

Thread: How does the Nexus S GPS perform compared to your Nexus One? Please help!

How does the Nexus S GPS perform compared to your Nexus One? Please help!

Hi there,

I know Samsung Galaxy S got some GPS issues and I've found both positive & negative comments about the Nexus S GPS. Some reviews say it still inherits the same Galaxy S problem but some users are saying they've got no problem with their Nexus S GPS.

But when I perform some tests on my Nexus One & Nexus S together, using both the GPS Test app and google map, I found that:
    1. under GPS Test app, N1 is always faster in getting "In Use" satelites. Sometimes NS just remains at 0 'in use' but maybe 4 or 5 'in view'. But for the N1 it the barchart colors come pretty fast and the 'in view' and 'in use' numbers won't differ by much.
    2. if I just launch google map together on both phones, N1 gets my position much faster, and more accurate.
    3. sometimes, if I'm driving a car and even if both N1 and NS get my position in google map, 'myself' on N1 would go pretty smoothly as I drive, but on the NS 'myself' could be pretty laggy. Sometimes my location on the NS would just go pretty out of position but then it may get corrected after another 10 seconds. I just don't see the N1's level of position-update-smoothness and accuracy on my NS.

Could you share your experience here pls? especially those who also own a N1.

I'm just thinking if it's really a defect I'd need to get my phone exchanged. It's getting near to my 30-day after purchase, and the thing is I'm now on a biz trip so if I have to do an exchange i'll need to mail the phone back quickly.

Thanks everyone!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dear Nexus One & Nexus S owners, mind to share your experience?

Does your Nexus S GPS perform up to the Nexus One standard?

Or there're too few Nexus S & Nexus One owners around?

Afraid I don't have both to do a side-by-side test..."only" an N1.

Nexus One GPS chip is definitely better. It locked onto satellites faster and stays locked on. My Nexus S takes forever to get signal and will drop in and out of signal while using the navigation app and Google Maps.

mgn
    Not test yet, but the mainly reason i buy the Smart phone, is GPS !!!
    hope it work ok for me.... will try when i get the 3G carrier service.

The N1's GPS was always a little bit off-target for me.

I've found the S gets a more accurate location, and does it faster.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links