Battery 100% charged, the moment I unplug the charger it goes 96%

This is a discussion on Battery 100% charged, the moment I unplug the charger it goes 96% within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Anyone experiences this issue? I remember the first day I left the Nexus S charging overnight, in the morning it's at 100% and so I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery 100% charged, the moment I unplug the charger it goes 96%

Battery 100% charged, the moment I unplug the charger it goes 96%

Anyone experiences this issue?

I remember the first day I left the Nexus S charging overnight, in the morning it's at 100% and so I unplug the charger, but then it immediately went to 95%.

Now, it's been a week or so, it's somehow improved a bit, but still when I unplug it, it would immediately goes to 96% or at most 97%. It just never stays at 100% even for a minute.

But my Nexus One would get me 100% after unplugging.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not sure if this will work, but try it anyway
    Try charging the phone while it's turned off. I frequently find that my N1 will show to be charging (while off) when it shows 100% when on. This may help to recalibrate the charge meter function.

thx, but i tried charging it overnight while it's off, then the next morning, unplug it and turn it on, when it boots up it's already 97%.

seems like it just won't start at 100%.

does your nexus s start at 100%?

My Nexus One does, yes.

It may be just the battery percentage indicator that is badly calibrated although that is usually fixed by draining the battery and then charging it back to 100%. The other thing is have you ever thought that it is a faulty battery? Maybe you should try a battery from a friendís nexus S (although there are not many people that have one).

I'm pretty sure thats a feature of gingerbread, something about how a full charge to 100% is almost as bad as a full discharge (I could be wrong on that). You can get it to 100 by 'bump charging' (unplugging and plugging charger back in), but that on its own is meticulous and not really recommended for the battery either.

In conclusion, its normal, don't worry. Mine does it also.

Ok that is a weird feature. The thing is that the battery is actually (even on other phones like the nexus one too) down to 96%-97% within the first 3 or four seconds of disconnecting the charger because exactly it is bad for the battery but the thing is that the battery percentage indicator does not tell you this because... well I'm not sure why maybe it is not to freak you out? I don't know but it just usually does but I guess they may have changed that with gingerbread. Although if they did then it probably also got ported to micromod's version of gingerbread can anyone who is running that on the nexus one confirm to see if this is a gingerbread thing or a nexus S thing. But if it is the same for both of you it's probably normal.

BTW: encase you are wondering why I know this it's because I read an article about it on android police although I don't really feel like searching for it sorry.

well, i'm fine as long as my battery is NOT special.. so if everyone else's nexus s behaves the same then it's okay.

seems like still not many ppl on this forum own an nexus s? or just there're really few ones who would join in the say if their phones behave the same way...

i just wanna see if
    (a) it's a nexus s thing so every nexus s owner faces the same issue, or
    (b) it's a gingerbread thing so even nexus one running gingerbread would face the same issue
    (c) someone's nexus s doesn't have this issue at all

anyway, thx guys!

Quote Originally Posted by nw387 View Post
    well, i'm fine as long as my battery is NOT special.. so if everyone else's nexus s behaves the same then it's okay.

seems like still not many ppl on this forum own an nexus s? or just there're really few ones who would join in the say if their phones behave the same way...

i just wanna see if
    (a) it's a nexus s thing so every nexus s owner faces the same issue, or
    (b) it's a gingerbread thing so even nexus one running gingerbread would face the same issue
    (c) someone's nexus s doesn't have this issue at all

anyway, thx guys!
    Every Nexus S has this 'issue'. I hope that answers your question.

read Your Battery Gauge Is Lying To You: Everything You Need To Know About Bump Charging And Inconsistent Battery Drain | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

and Full Charge Oddity, Charge to 100%, Unplug to 97% - xda-developers

thanks, very useful articles. so seems like nexus s (or gingerbread) doesn't lie anymore.

some time ago i saw an article (likely by some professors, but i forgot the url and i can't find it again) that says while lithium ion batteries like to get recharged more often, they're best to stay within the 40% to 80% range. so the best way to charge them is let them stay within that range as often as possible. anyone saw something like this? if so pls share the link again. thx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links