can't change the number on the phone

This is a discussion on can't change the number on the phone within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; The phone number you are talking about is stored on your SIM card. It serves no particular purpose. It can be updated remotely via a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can't change the number on the phone

The phone number you are talking about is stored on your SIM card. It serves no particular purpose. It can be updated remotely via a SMS-like message by your operator or you can edit it yourself if the phone supports it. Stock Android does not support editing the phone number, but I believe Cyanogen Mod supports it. I know my old Sony Ericsson K700i could edit that number and the iPhone can also do it, but many other phones (Nokias for example) can't.

Quote Originally Posted by blaz View Post
    The phone number you are talking about is stored on your SIM card. It serves no particular purpose. It can be updated remotely via a SMS-like message by your operator or you can edit it yourself if the phone supports it. Stock Android does not support editing the phone number, but I believe Cyanogen Mod supports it. I know my old Sony Ericsson K700i could edit that number and the iPhone can also do it, but many other phones (Nokias for example) can't.
    thanks for the reply

yes i've contacted my new provider and thay tell me the sms message will not work on this phone , i've tryed to contact samsung but thay are not responding

I had the same issue when I first bought my Nexus One. All you need to do is buy a really old Sony Ericsson or Nokia phone and put your SIM in it, the phone software allows you to re-program the SIM phone number.

I successfully did this with a Sony Ericsson T630, cost me about 10 ($15) on eBay.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

so it turned out my number was screwed up because the PAC code was wrong

i can now report my number has changed on the phone

try to hard reset it. you can find the steps here:

How to Format or Hard Reset Google Nexus S - Android-Radar.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links