Phone reboots while making a call

This is a discussion on Phone reboots while making a call within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; My phone reboots while in a call. Happens on about 10% of my calls. Anybody else have this problem? I am wondering if this is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone reboots while making a call

Phone reboots while making a call

My phone reboots while in a call. Happens on about 10% of my calls. Anybody else have this problem? I am wondering if this is a hardware problem, that is, does my phone have a manufacturing defect.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry just got the info from a german forum but the if you click the "image" there is a english answer from a google employee

Google Nexus S hat das ?Reboot Syndrome? - AndroidPIT

Thanks.

Here is a Google translation:

"As it stands, Google has the Nexus S a bigger problem - it sometimes puts out just during a phone reboot. The fact that the phone sometimes even "reboot" may have one or the other ever experienced, just "play around" with the custom ROMs, it may be quite possible that that occurs.

If that happens from time to time, it is not necessarily a "big deal", but the Nexus S, it seems, especially, or even to pass only during a call, which of course are deducted in the B-Note. Not a very good start for the Nexus S, yes we is not yet available.

The problem does not seem to occur at each Nexus S, what is the exact reason for the "Reboot syndrome could not be found.
    Google has "adjust" the problem but now can and is working with Samsung on the selfsame solution."

Reading the rest of the forum entries leads me to believe that the Nexus S is built to tight tolerances and, consequentially, this problem only occurs on certain phones.

I will return mine for a replacement.

Note that I am running version 2.3.1.

So far the phone has only rebooted during a call. On each occasion I was using Google Voice, but that may not be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by seekq View Post
    Thanks.

Here is a Google translation:

"As it stands, Google has the Nexus S a bigger problem - it sometimes puts out just during a phone reboot. The fact that the phone sometimes even "reboot" may have one or the other ever experienced, just "play around" with the custom ROMs, it may be quite possible that that occurs.

If that happens from time to time, it is not necessarily a "big deal", but the Nexus S, it seems, especially, or even to pass only during a call, which of course are deducted in the B-Note. Not a very good start for the Nexus S, yes we is not yet available.

The problem does not seem to occur at each Nexus S, what is the exact reason for the "Reboot syndrome could not be found.
    Google has "adjust" the problem but now can and is working with Samsung on the selfsame solution."

Reading the rest of the forum entries leads me to believe that the Nexus S is built to tight tolerances and, consequentially, this problem only occurs on certain phones.

I will return mine for a replacement.
    Thanks, It's good to know I'm not alone experiencing this. I'm going to replace it today.

UPDATE:
    Here, this problem is widely reported, specifically after 2.3.1 update, which makes me think that the problem is software.
    Google code issue: http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...tars&start=100
    Google mobile support issue: http://www.google.com/support/forum/...6748b64f&hl=en

Everyone who's experiencing these problems, write there. Hopefully it will get Google to fix this asap.

Junior Member daway7gd@gmail.com's Avatar
    I have a question while my phone was charging I took it off the charger and the Android picture shows up on the screen frozen no button I pushed made it go away I had to take the battery out while phone was on would not turn off

Were you charging from a computer USB port?

Junior Member daway7gd@gmail.com's Avatar
    I was using the USB port connected to an electrical outlet

Quote Originally Posted by daway7gd@gmail.com View Post
    I was using the USB port connected to an electrical outlet
    Well, then I've got nothing....sorry

Did the android have something specific about it example a usb port for a hand as in the mass storage mode or the one that you have to tap when you first get the phone (or factory reset it). Also does it do anything after you put the battery back in and try and turn it on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links