nexus s WiFi problems

This is a discussion on nexus s WiFi problems within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I see it but it's not the same. It says 802.11 Mode than it's set at: Mixed 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11g. I have no option to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nexus s WiFi problems

I see it but it's not the same. It says 802.11 Mode than it's set at: Mixed 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11g. I have no option to uncheck, it's a drop down menu with options ex: 802.11n only, 802.11g only etc..

I also have en Enable auto channel scan checked.

What should they be set to? Mine are set to what I've written above and the WPA only.

And thanks for you help! Fellow Quebecer

Try with 802.11 if not try a hard router reset. You must have a small button to press and hold in the back of the router.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

I did the reset, and I set it to the 801.11n and 801.11g, no go... this is getting discouraging.

Hmm. I can feel your pain from here... sadly that did the trick for me... is it possible not to set a mix of 2 frequencies ? Have you tried connecting on wifi hotspots elsewhere ? Like coffee shops n such ? Just to make sure it aint just a router issue ? May seem out of the blue but have you tried the app wifixer ? I donno it may be of help. Keep me posted on this one

No I haven't tried it yet anywhere else. That's my next step.

As for the app, is that what It's called. I'm looking of it but can't find it. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks

The message I get on my phone is Authentication error but it's the right password. Do you know why it might say that?

No thats what we are trying to figure out app is Wifi fixer, sorry, on the market...

Angry

I got it working! Silly me, I was entering my password instead of my security key that's why I was an authentication error!

Thank you very much for your help!

Alright. Important thing is you got it going

I too have had terrible signal strength on the Nexus S since day one.

Samsung are the manf of the phone, you therefore need to report this problem directly to Samsung.
    If you search; you'll find lots of people are complaining about this. However if you speak to Samsung they're ignorant - because people are complaining on blogs and forums instead of reporting it to Samsung.

To help you along your way
    Google's General Help page @ Help ? Nexus S

Samsung's 'My Samsung' where you can register your device and open Support Cases
    UK
    My Samsung SAMSUNG
    USA
    Samsung

Other countries - go to the :: Mobile Exciting!! - Samsung Mobile :: website and choose your country, from there join/register and Open a case!

fyi Android Issues should be logged at <source.android.com/source/report-bugs.html>
    This is not an Android issue - it's more than likely an issue with the low-power WiFi chip used in the Nexus S under-performing.

PLEASE Anyone who is experiencing problems with the Nexus S and WiFi report it directly to Samsung - open a case with them... and then chase them up! When logged into My Samsung you will see 'Contact Us' on the right-hand side with links to Phone Numbers - ring them and complain!

The more complaints they receive the more likely they are to fix the problem!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links