Poor Call Quality...

This is a discussion on Poor Call Quality... within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Call quality pretty decent in the UK. But then I've always noticed when I'm working in the states that call quality seems lower Sent from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Call Quality...

Call quality pretty decent in the UK. But then I've always noticed when I'm working in the states that call quality seems lower

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I called T-Mobile, and they gave me the number to Samsung...

The call quality on my S is _so_ much better than the iPhone I had before. I love it.

I've got the same problem.
    People at the other end keep saying my voice is choppy/blurry and when testing this myself via a friends handset i could easily identify interference - was just like there was some static noise that kept fading in and out.

I've imported the phone from US, using it in Norway - was thinking this might be the reason, but can't find anything supporting this theory.

If there's anyone who knows please let us know.

Its not just tmobile. I'm on Cincinnati Bell and occasionally for no apparent reason people will tell me I sound extremely "staticy". I have to reboot the phone for the problem to go away. This happens on 3G, Edge, and Wireless, so I know its not the connection. I just hope its the software and not the hardware so an ota can fix it.

i think i know the answer

i rooted my phone and upgraded from android version 2.3.1 to 2.3.3 and i went from crappy hearing and getting heard to superb quality. really. all happy!

Running apps?

Hi all, and thanks.

I also have the choppy, static-y, drop-outs - and they are resolved for a short while after the phone is rebooted.

I've spent days trying to isolate the problem. I believe it is an app or apps running in the background that takes too much of the processor. Don't know which app though.

Love the phone for everything apart from this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links