Poor Call Quality...

This is a discussion on Poor Call Quality... within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, Im experiencing poor call quality on my Nexsus S (Tmobile). I purchased the first one on Dec. 16th and exchanged that one on Jan. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Call Quality...

Poor Call Quality...

Hi, Im experiencing poor call quality on my Nexsus S (Tmobile). I purchased the first one on Dec. 16th and exchanged that one on Jan. 7th for a new hand set. I thought I had a bad apple, but it seems the second one has the same issues. People complain of that it sounds like I have them on speaker phone, or even on a Bluetooth ear piece. They say I clip out from time to time as well. Ive experienced the volume going up and down on my end, but thats about it. I love the phone, and dont want to switch to a new hand set, I just want the issue resolved.

Anyone else have these issues?

I have 5 more days to exchange the phone with the Best Buy protection plan.... HELP!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Both my wife and my brother have the Nexus S, and I have had a hard time talking to them because of the poor sound coming from their devices.

I am concerned about this, because I had planned to upgrade my phone in the next week or so to the S.

My brother follows cell phones like a hawk and says the sound problems come from the lack of hardware noise cancellation on the Nexus S, and that it uses software for noise cancellation. If that's true, hopefully the software can be improved, because right now the phone really does sound pretty bad to the people you're talking to.

Is this type of sound quality normal on these smart phones? I'm coming from a Blackberry 8900, and nobody has ever complained about my voice quality.

I'm test driving a Nexus One right now (my brother's old phone) and I hope it sounds OK.

noise cancellation in software

Noise cancellation implemented in software can be very good (take a look at SoliCall for example). It is all a matter of having a good algorithm and a good implementation. Also, the good side in software that it can be upgraded without replacing your phone...

I hope so... I love the phone!

Bump

Anyone else have any issues with the call quality?

Will a software update help resolve the issue?

I also noticed this but it always depends on who am i calling to. My thinking this must be some T-Mobile issue. When i call whoever else except T-Mobile the quality seems to be fine

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have changed my N1 for a NS, and effectively the call quality has degraded. Not like described in the sense that people seems to hear me well, but for me to hear them.
    Effectively, it is like my speaker only mostly reproduce low frequencies, bass, so it is very hard to hear in noisy environment. The difference is huge when i switch again to the N1, which yes has a hardware noise cancellation system, but still.
    Anybody has the same experience on the NS?

Shame on Google and Samsung that we still have to decide between call quality and smart features.
    I personally use for may daily business calls a simple Nokia 3720 - yes you read right - and call quality is always excellent even in hands free mode. For phone conferences I prefer to use it with high quality GN Netcom binaural noise cancelling cable headset.
    Only for my normal daily smart needs I use my Nexus One.

Who can I contact about this issue?

Android?

Samsung?

Google?

T-mobile?

Call quality is all good for me, though sometimes it throws up trouble, I guess it's mostly the problem of my parent's mobiles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links