T-Mobile WiFi Calling and Nexus S

This is a discussion on T-Mobile WiFi Calling and Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; In October of 2010 T-Mobile proudly announced the availability of "WiFi Calling" for its Android Smartphones, with initial roll-out on the T-Mobile MyTouch and Motorola ...

Thread: T-Mobile WiFi Calling and Nexus S

T-Mobile WiFi Calling and Nexus S

In October of 2010 T-Mobile proudly announced the availability of "WiFi Calling" for its Android Smartphones, with initial roll-out on the T-Mobile MyTouch and Motorola DEFY, which were slated to be available in time for the Holidays.

T-Mobile News and Press Releases | Official Site | T-Mobile Extends Wi-Fi Calling to Android Smartphones

I purchased a Nexus S, an Android phone launched during the holidays with service by T-Mobile, but have unfortunately discovered that unlike prior service plans I have had with ATT & Sprint, I have no bars in and around my home with T-Mobile, and apparently WiFi Calling functionality is not included with this particular new T-Mobile Android phone. I am therefore unable to use my new toy unless I'm away from home.

I have tried to discover if WiFi Calling capability is forthcoming for the Nexus S but no one at T-Mobile or Samsung support is able to help me. Samsung doesn't know what WiFi Calling is and T-Mobile doesn't directly sell the Nexus S, so has no documentation or other guidance abut the phone whatsoever.

Does anybody here have any insight or assistance they could offer with regard to this situation and / or the prospects for seeing this functionality rolled out on the Nexus S?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am curious about this too, for some reason the roof of my house causes (or just my bedroom has) lousy cell service.
    I have emailed the media relations at the bottom of the article asking for information on how to use this on my Nexus One. I will report back when they reply.

T-Mobile replied to my email on WiFi calling for our Nexus Ones...
    :"Unfortunately, T-Mobile does not support Wi-Fi on the Nexus One. T-Mobile supports Wi-Fi on devices that come with preinstalled Android 2.2 Operating system..."

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links