I know we hate bashing our own purchases, but battery... :(

This is a discussion on I know we hate bashing our own purchases, but battery... :( within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, i know im new here so my opinion is jack lol, and i normally hate faulting my own purchases, but seriously the battery ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know we hate bashing our own purchases, but battery... :(

I know we hate bashing our own purchases, but battery... :(

Hey guys, i know im new here so my opinion is jack lol, and i normally hate faulting my own purchases, but seriously the battery in my nexus S is pretty diabolical, i urge anyone who is experiencing the same problems to come forward, don't lie or bump up your battery life figures, im seriously debating the greatness of this phone and i really don't wanna!

im gonna do the whole calibrating thing now see if that does anything, because its definitely sub average for me.

just a little rant i guess lol.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Forum!

When I first got my phone I was checking it all the time, Had my screen brightness Set to 100%, and Had lots of stuff Syncing in the Background. This combo of stuff caused my battery to drain like crazy!

Try setting your screen brightness to Auto.

Avoid lots of Widgets that use allot of Background Data

Check out this thread on battery life
    Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

And this one
    Complete Guide to Maximizing Your Android Phone’s Battery Life - How-To Geek
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I normally set Screen brightness from 0 to 50% with a simple convivial screen brightness widget free from market. I gain a lot from that. I dont have much widgets running and syncing of my apps are set to manual. Battery last easily 2 days with normal use. Gps and blutooth are off and dont Forget to checkout of latitude wich is running by default.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

the 1st week i had the phone battery kinda suck..

but then it seems like it got better, but well i don't see big improvements from the nexus one though. and my experience is constant 3g usage can kill the battery very quickly. phone talk time is much more battery friendly. (e.g. keep browsing the web on 3g for half an hour, at least 10% battery gets eaten)

however, sometimes when u see the battery behaves abnormally poor, check what programs uses it most.

i had times where either google maps, or just earlier today, the facebook app, used like 40% of the battery within couple hours. apparently today i was uploading a couple pics onto facebook in a location maybe with poorer 3g signal so seems like the facebook app kinda stuck uploading for some time, and it even couldn't finish the process itself so it kept eating my battery very quickly. when i noticed it ate 40% of my battery i immediately restarted the phone.

so, my conclusion is that the nexus s' battery isn't particularly bad, but it's not much better than the nexus one either. however it's really the apps that can kill the battery. either google maps, or facebook, we have to watch it carefully. (well in some sense i'm very disappointed 'coz i think the OS should be able to watch this for me, but now i think i have to keep an eye on apps' battery use myself)

Speaking of batteries, I don't like economizing on battery performance. I would rather just carry a spare. But I'm having a hell of a time finding the right OEM battery for the Nexus S. Every time I search pricegrabber, shopper.com, or other sites, i keep coming up with a 1440 MaH battery. The one in my phone is 1500 Mah. I don't mind shelling out for a second battery .... but....I would at least want it to perform as well as the original. Anyone know where to find one?

mgn
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyL98 View Post
    Speaking of batteries, I don't like economizing on battery performance. I would rather just carry a spare. But I'm having a hell of a time finding the right OEM battery for the Nexus S. Every time I search pricegrabber, shopper.com, or other sites, i keep coming up with a 1440 MaH battery. The one in my phone is 1500 Mah. I don't mind shelling out for a second battery .... but....I would at least want it to perform as well as the original. Anyone know where to find one?
    yeah, hard to find one, if anyone know the way please announce......

I know most of you guys are from the states or Canada but I just searched eBay.co.uk and there is a few batteries on there most of them will ship

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Sorry guys the batteries I mentioned above are not OEM

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Heard from a fren that the battery is the same as Omnia 2(I8000) ... Maybe someone can check it out to verify.

Out of interest how does the battery life for the NS compare to the iPhone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links