Google Nexus S SMS Ringtone change.

This is a discussion on Google Nexus S SMS Ringtone change. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; This is annoying me and can't find any post about it anywhere. My phone will randomly change my SMS notification ringtone to some other bit ...

Thread: Google Nexus S SMS Ringtone change.

Google Nexus S SMS Ringtone change.

This is annoying me and can't find any post about it anywhere. My phone will randomly change my SMS notification ringtone to some other bit of random music I have installed on my phone rather than the MP3 I have selected and reselected! I have the music player widget on a home page and may well have something open there, and that might be affecting it, but it's very annoying!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by simonsawyer View Post
    This is annoying me and can't find any post about it anywhere. My phone will randomly change my SMS notification ringtone to some other bit of random music I have installed on my phone rather than the MP3 I have selected and reselected! I have the music player widget on a home page and may well have something open there, and that might be affecting it, but it's very annoying!
    Same here. My call ringtone changes randomly as well. Do you use Power Amp for music?

No, I don't use power amp, and for me it's only the sms notification. All very odd. It was always the same bit of music, but when I deleted it, it is now always a different bit of music!

Mine does it with Gmail app tones

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I'm having the same effing problem, and to say its pissing me off would be a bit of an understatement.

I like short, alert, SMS notifications. Something like a CLICK is all I need. I dont pull my phone out of my pocket for every SMS, that way I know theres something there and later on when I get a chance I can check it at my leisure. It really sucks to receive an SMS and have some random MP3 start blasting a full complete song, not stopping until I fumble through my pockets, get the phone out, take it out of its sleeve, unlock it, and slide down the notification bar.

The worst part is the MP3 is usually like, level music from some game I have installed so its often pretty cheesey.....

Happens with the ringtone as well, but its the notification tone changing that really chaps my ass.....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links