Remote entry system does not work?!

This is a discussion on Remote entry system does not work?! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all Hoping someone can help. Here's the deal: I live in a condo building. To get through the front doors you must either swipe ...

Thread: Remote entry system does not work?!

Remote entry system does not work?!

Hello all

Hoping someone can help. Here's the deal:

I live in a condo building. To get through the front doors you must either swipe an HID card on the card reader on the wall or use the call box on the wall to call one of the residents that have been programmed into the system.

Previously on my non-smart phone, i would get a phonecall from "the frontdoor" that patched me through to the speaker in the call box and to the person who called me. I would press "9" on the key pad and an electronic robot voice would say "Please enter" and the door would beep indicating the magnetic lock was released and you could open the front door.

With my new phone, when i go through the same steps listed above, after i press "9" the electronic voice says "Please enter" but the magnetic-lock-release beep does not sound and the lock does not release.

Does anyone know if a smart phone does not somehow "push out" some sort of "signal" that an older, non-smart phone does that might cause this? What could one of these call boxes be looking for that the nexus s cannot provide?

I took the sim card out and put it back in my old phone and sucessfully "buzzed" myself in the front door. Not sure what, exactly, that ruled out but it ruled out something.

If anyone can help or chime in with assistance i would greatly appreciate it. Not being able to "buzz" people in will be a HUGE deal...and i dont know how i'm going to deal with it

Thanks folks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well this is really weird because the way I see it if it says "please enter" then the machine got the signal to unlock the door but did not and since you said it worked with the sim card in another phone then that means it has to be a problem with the phone (or a really big coinsedence but I doubt it).

I would venture a guess that your new phone is putting out the tone but not the entire frequency range of that tone for the system to properly "hear" and trigger the release. Will your old phone make tones without a sim card? If yes, than you can try the call in and put the old phone to the new phone and type the 9 and see if that will trigger the magnetic release.
    Have you enabled "audible touch tones" in the phone settings?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links