WiFi Issues Question

This is a discussion on WiFi Issues Question within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, I purchased a Nexus S a few weeks ago, and I noticed mine is having the WiFi issue where it will drop the wifi ...

Thread: WiFi Issues Question

WiFi Issues Question

Hello,

I purchased a Nexus S a few weeks ago, and I noticed mine is having the WiFi issue where it will drop the wifi connection even through I am in the same room the router, and a few minutes later it will pick it back up. It sporadic, and I can't seem to find a pattern. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue, or something Google can address via software? I have until the 19th to exchange, so if it is a hardware issue, I want to take care of it right away.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mine does this sometimes aswell , but i've put it down to the netgear router i'm using , the wifi needs a kick bacl to life , usually solved by login into the router via your browser , if the wifi keeps doing this you might have got the password wrong and its caught in a loop

Yep

Same problem. I thought it was the phone because it happened with two different routers (different models, but both netgear). Same room. Good signal strength. But the connection icons would turn white (but still with full signal). I'm shocked that there aren't more search results for this. I got a Linksys router and it works much better now. I wonder if this is the issue they ran into when it got delayed and decided just to ship them anyway.

Yeah I figured it was a combination of both the router and the phone. I'm getting rid of my netgear router and, picking up a more powerfull one. I'll check back when I do.

Is it possible this is just a case of wifi sleep policy being set to "when screen turns off"?

No, this is not an issue of the wifi sleep policy being set to turn off wifi. I checked that dozens of times, and ever since I got my Linksys router everything has been working much more smoothly. For whatever reason, the Nexus S and certain netgear routers do not play nice with each other.

ah yes the wifi issue. I finally switched from a netgear router, to a Lynsus. I still have fluctuating signal, but now even when i have 1 bar it works just fine the speed doesn't drop nor does it time out while in use. I assume that the netgear's signal was much weaker causing an intermitten signal. That and also seems to be that the wifi radio is kind of weak to begin with.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links