apps dissapear?

This is a discussion on apps dissapear? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've noticed that if i put apps onto my "usb storage" and am to restart my phone the apps that i transferred into USB storage ...

Thread: apps dissapear?

apps dissapear?

I've noticed that if i put apps onto my "usb storage" and am to restart my phone the apps that i transferred into USB storage dissapear completely from the APP market. is there a fix for this? or am i doing something wrong? like lets say i install angry birds to USB storage..if i restart my phone it wont be in my apps in the marketplace.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm on a N1 and that doesn't happen when I move apps to the SD card.
    I'm not sure how the NS is set up, but I don't think that is normal. How soon after booting your phone up are you checking the market? Is the NS still preparing the SD card?
    You say the apps disappear from the market app, can you still use these apps?
    Have you installed an explorer program (like Astro)?. If no, do so and use it to browse to the folder (on the N1 - it is named asec) and see if your apps are listed there.
    Have you tried clearing your market cache? Maybe another NS user will chime in on this with more help.
    Good luck.

i've tried all of that but like they only dissapear from the market place..they are still on my main app drawer..and still in the "manage application" menu just not in the market place..and if im trying to use like circlelauncher they don't appear on their either.

OK, you've covered the bases I know of...but you mention circle launcher.
    Try uninstalling that app, doing a power cycle and see if the apps come back to your market listing of installed apps.
    Something else just came to my mind, what is USB storage on the NS? I might be wrong, but I thought that the NS didn't have a SD card.

the nexus S has 16 gb of usb storage..and i think like a bit over 800mb of internal storage...im not sure how they differentiate that but that's how it displays on "storage" on my phone

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
    Have you tried uninstalling circle launcher?

storage

I have 16 G on Nexus one but internal member is too small.how can new apparently go into SD storage directly?
    Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links