Where to buy unlocked Nexus S

This is a discussion on Where to buy unlocked Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; For those of us who want AMS type network, for T Mobile, Wind Mobile, Mobilicity: What is the best place and way to buy an ...

Thread: Where to buy unlocked Nexus S

Where to buy unlocked Nexus S

For those of us who want AMS type network, for T Mobile, Wind Mobile, Mobilicity:
    What is the best place and way to buy an unlocked Nexus S?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Best But Mobile store

The nexus s comes locked? Why did that change? My n1 came unlocked weird

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

No it does not just some people don't know and they want to be precise and since the phone is sold at best buy on t-mo some people think it's locked but no a nexus phone will never come locked.

From looking around the consensus seems to be that all Nexus S phones come factory unlocked. This hasn't been my experience however as I tried to use the Nexus S from Wind Mobile (AWS, Canada) and didn't have any luck. I called Wind and they are apparently retrieving a "unlock code" for me. Can anyone confirm this experience with unlocking the Nexus S, it seems very strange and a little underhanded for Wind to lock a phone that seems to be universally sold as unlocked.

Nexus phones are not locked so your phone is unlocked the rep that helped you probably didn't know that so he went to ask someone for some help to get an unlock code. Now for your phone the reason it doesn't work I'm not sure but it's not because it's locked. Did you make sure the frequencies matched? is it just 3G that doesn't work, is it data period that doesn't work, is it everything?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links