Just bought the Nexus S - Did I make the right choice?

This is a discussion on Just bought the Nexus S - Did I make the right choice? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi guys, Just bought the Nexus S - read some great things about this handset, but after reading through a few negative posts on these ...

Thread: Just bought the Nexus S - Did I make the right choice?

Just bought the Nexus S - Did I make the right choice?

Hi guys,

Just bought the Nexus S - read some great things about this handset, but after reading through a few negative posts on these boards, am wondering if I made the right choice?

It was really a choice between that and the HTC Desire HD, or the Galaxy S.

I think I made totally the right choice, the phone is yet to arrive - what do you guys think?

Thanks
    Saint
    UK

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You probably made the right choice because a pure Google phone is really awesome and the only thing is that I hope you don't mind the lack of SD card slot and probably the battery life but if you just go check out the thread on that (mostly toward the end) you should find a bunch of things that will help you to have much better battery life other than that the phones you mentioned are very similar. So all in all enjoy your new nexus S

Well I didn't seem to find what phone you owned BEFORE the Nexus S.

But if your coming from an older phone, the Nexus S would be a good choice If your coming from say the Nexus one, the improvements shouldn't be too big, but still a nice update.

As a google flagship you will have a lot to play with in the road ahead! plus your phone is the only phone that legitly runs gingerbread
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Not able to (or I havent fiured it out yet)

Send SMS to a group
    Manage groups very well
    Send contact info by SMS
    Receive contact details sent by SMS
    Read contacts on my SIMM
    Change the group of a contact on the phone (have to do it online then sync)
    Search part of a contact other than the starting character
    Use it for more than 12 hrs without charging
    Change the backdrop to light with dark text so I can see it in bright sunlight
    Zoom in the camera

And lots more

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by the_saint View Post
    I think I made totally the right choice, the phone is yet to arrive - what do you guys think?
    I dunno. I bought the N1 more than a year ago, and there were several minor problems. The user community had a feeling that somehow Google/Htc would make things right. Well, they really didn't. They moved on to the many new variants of Android and its dozens of phones. Engineering resources are expensive, and better used to attract new customers and markets.

However, there are communities that are interested in you - the very active Android hacker front. So my predictions:
    1) You will enjoy the NS, but you will find a few minor issues
    2) In a year's time you will find that Google/Samsung are no longer paying attention to your issues
    3) You will sell, trade your phone, or invest in the effort to root your phone and participate in user development communities

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links