Receiving Files via Bluetooth on Nexus S

This is a discussion on Receiving Files via Bluetooth on Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am trying to send files from another phone to my Nexus S via Bluetooth. When I do this I get a message that says ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving Files via Bluetooth on Nexus S

Receiving Files via Bluetooth on Nexus S

I am trying to send files from another phone to my Nexus S via Bluetooth. When I do this I get a message that says something like "confirm you want to accept this file" but how do I actually do that? There doesn't appear to be anything to press to confirm the file. Can anyone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Maybe it means confirm it with the other phone?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

No option for this on other phone - just says sending - and then fails because file hasn't been confirmed. Does look like you need to confirm it somewhere on the nexus?

Try "Bluetooth File Transfer" (free) from Market

Quote Originally Posted by frank7464 View Post
    No option for this on other phone - just says sending - and then fails because file hasn't been confirmed. Does look like you need to confirm it somewhere on the nexus?
    Frank, I read somewhere that the plain Android has limited support for these types of actions. I was able to solve it by installing the app "Bluetooth File Transfer" (free). That works well for me, even for beaming single contacts to other phones which I couldn't do previously. Hope this could be a workaround for you.

Like with other bt-enabled devices you must first "pair" them, in order to transfer files over bluetooth or use bluetooth features (headset and so on). Make sure BT on your other device is on and the device is observable (not hidden). On your NS go to Settings > Wireless > Enable bluetooth, then go to Bluetooth Settings. The BT devices will appear on the list. Find the one you want to send a file from, and tap on it.

Next thing it should show you a number on both devices, you only have to press confirm button on both. Now when they've paired, you should be able to send files between them without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by tbar2112 View Post
    Frank, I read somewhere that the plain Android has limited support for these types of actions. I was able to solve it by installing the app "Bluetooth File Transfer" (free). That works well for me, even for beaming single contacts to other phones which I couldn't do previously. Hope this could be a workaround for you.
    Thanks for this advice. Will try this and report back.

Thanks for this advice. Will try this and report back.
    Now works! Thanks everybody for your advice. What a great forum!

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post
    Like with other bt-enabled devices you must first "pair" them, in order to transfer files over bluetooth or use bluetooth features (headset and so on). Make sure BT on your other device is on and the device is observable (not hidden). On your NS go to Settings > Wireless > Enable bluetooth, then go to Bluetooth Settings. The BT devices will appear on the list. Find the one you want to send a file from, and tap on it.

Next thing it should show you a number on both devices, you only have to press confirm button on both. Now when they've paired, you should be able to send files between them without any problems.
    Well, this is the way I expected it to work, it's been working that way for years. However, I could only send but not receive items over BT with the Nexus S. The solution as I pointed out was the app "Bluetooth File Transfer". If you got it to work in both directions without any 3rd party software, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post

Well, this is the way I expected it to work, it's been working that way for years. However, I could only send but not receive items over BT with the Nexus S. The solution as I pointed out was the app "Bluetooth File Transfer". If you got it to work in both directions without any 3rd party software, I'd be interested to hear about it.
    Can now send and receive files over BT but not until I installed the "Bluetooth File Transfer" app

Found it! Works without any app

First you receive the message to accept incoming transfer. Now, when you tab and hold the screen just on the upper border (the date will appear on the upper left), you can drag down a list with the last notifications. There you will find the acception for the file transfer. Tab it and accept. Transfer is running!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links