Why does my phone vibrate constantly

This is a discussion on Why does my phone vibrate constantly within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; My phone vibrates constantly even when its idle, so I'm assuming programmes are working in the background. How do I turn this vibration mode off? ...

Thread: Why does my phone vibrate constantly

Why does my phone vibrate constantly

My phone vibrates constantly even when its idle, so I'm assuming programmes are working in the background. How do I turn this vibration mode off? It's driving me insane Can anyone help me please?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That's very strange do you have any apps that would be susceptible of causing vibrations also does the trackball light up when it vibrates if so what color?

Unhappy

I'm not sure? What is a trackball? I know so little about gadgets etc. My phone is Nexus S and the only "ball| I know of is on a blackberry? Could you please expalin as I cannot find the answer anywhere

ok you have a Nexus S. (Nexus One has trackball but not the S). An app settings may be set to vibrate on a certain notification and for certain length ? (vibrate once, for 1 minute or as long as notification hasnt been "noticed" ;P )

Try and see with your apps notifications settings. Cause most likely, the apps notifications settings will override the phone's basic notifications settings. And sometimes, the notifications of some apps are not to be trusted with eyes closed. For example, I have an issue with track light wich gives me a blinking trackball sms notification for several minutes even after I "respond" to notification by reading the sms or deleting it.

If not, would I consider vibration defective unit ?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links