just got gingerbread OTA

This is a discussion on just got gingerbread OTA within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; i noticed people asking if anyone got it manually because a lot of people talking about it installed it manually. well i was getting impatient ...

Thread: just got gingerbread OTA

just got gingerbread OTA

i noticed people asking if anyone got it manually because a lot of people talking about it installed it manually.

well i was getting impatient and was actually in the process of trying to do it manually. i downloaded the 43.6 MB file and renamed it "update" and moved it outside of any folders in the SD card. then i noticed a "system update" logo in my notification bar.
    so i stopped what i was doing, undid everything to that point to make sure it wasnt just picking up automatically on what i was doing or anything like that. then i installed it the old fashioned way, that i was unwilling to wait for 10 minutes earlier, over the air.

at this point i notice and like the balck notification bar, and the way the screen turns off like an old CRT television, when you turn it off.

so the OTA is finally happening for those who can hardly wait. you should be getting it any minute of any day now.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

sorry, dont know how i ended up posting in the nexus s section when i never even view it.

Just went through all apps on SD and moved them back and forth to get more space after reading about it on here somewhere .
    It actually shows more free space now.
    P.S. don't really like this new keyboard
    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

well they must be sending out by region because i live in mississippi (nS) and i still haven't gotten it ota i can do manual but i wanted to see how long it's going to take to get it ota. looks like a while.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links