Enormous problems since update, please help!

This is a discussion on Enormous problems since update, please help! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I updated to Gingerbread manually through xda last week. Seemed to be fine for a few days though some of my apps are being flaky. ...

Thread: Enormous problems since update, please help!

Enormous problems since update, please help!

I updated to Gingerbread manually through xda last week. Seemed to be fine for a few days though some of my apps are being flaky.

Last night, my call log suddenly went blank and my contacts disappeared. The auto-synch had been disabled. I thought I might have clicked something bad but then later it happened again and my desktop wallpaper was reset from my custom one to the blades of grass one. Then everything went to hell. I kept getting messages making me force-close everything on the phone including core Android processes. I couldn't do anything at all and the screen was frozen except when those messages would pop up. I rebooted a few times, removed battery and SD card, etc. with no luck. So I reapplied the update.zip file.

It came back on with my regular desktop wallpaper and seemed to be ok although all my icons, contacts, etc had to be replaced again.

Now, my call log is blank again. My contacts are there, but don't show up when people call me. For example, I see text messages with the phone number and no contact name although the contact exists in my list..

I am soooo frustrated, please help! Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried a wipe and restore yet? If not, I would recommend that and see what happens.

Yeah I've wiped it a few times now. Even the cache.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links