Should I send my Nexus S for replacement (battery problems)

This is a discussion on Should I send my Nexus S for replacement (battery problems) within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I recently swapped from an iPhone 3GS to a Nexus S. The battery on the S seems to ...

Thread: Should I send my Nexus S for replacement (battery problems)

Should I send my Nexus S for replacement (battery problems)

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.

I recently swapped from an iPhone 3GS to a Nexus S. The battery on the S seems to last no where near as long as the iPhone.
    I turned it on at 98% at 7AM and have used it mainly for tweeting up until now (1230). It currently stands at 62%.

Battery usage shows as:
    6h 16 mins on
    Display 46%
    Android OS: 17%
    Cell standby: 10%
    Android System: 9%
    Gmail: 5%
    Twidroyd: 5%
    Phone Idle: 4%
    WiFi: 3%
    Google Services: 2%

WIFI and GPS have been off for most of the day. Brightness is set to auto. I have twitter refreshing every 15 minutes and google news every 2 hours.
    I have two widgets Astrid Tasks and Calendar.
    I have sent about 4 texts and made a 2 minute phone call.
    Does this sound about right or really high? Should my battery be lasting longer? I did train the battery when I first got it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Looks like the Screen is eating up most of your Juice. Have you tried setting your screen brightness lower or on auto?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks for the reply. The screen brightness has been set to auto since I got it.

The phone died again with only 7 hours use today. I hardly used it today and had most things turned off

It's possible your widgets are doing more damage than what is shown. Try turning them off and running from 100% charge. See what happens....

Sounds like something is wrong...

I have plenty of bugs on my nexus s, but I've never had a problem with battery life. before sending into samsung I would probably just go to seidio and purchase the 1600mAh battery. Its 50 bucks, which sucks, but I just couldn't go without my phone for several weeks, which samsung may take that long when repairing phones.

I get my best battery life with wifi on. (assuming there is a signal to connect to)

i bought Nexus s yesterday. the battery life is not good. i charged twice a day which is too much.. plus it has other flaws..

I experienced significant battery drain when I first got my Nexus S. Two important changes I have made are:
    1) under Advanced Wi-Fi settings, under Wi-Fi sleep policy, I selected "never". That made a huge difference, even though it doesn't make sense, it just works.
    2) when I went back to the home screen when using certain apps, they were still running. "Maps" is one thing I had a habit of not exiting from, and same for TuneIn Radio. Just make sure you're exiting all your apps properly.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links