any nexus s owners get the official 2.3.3 otay yet?

This is a discussion on any nexus s owners get the official 2.3.3 otay yet? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Dude can you explain what bricked means , also rooted ?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any nexus s owners get the official 2.3.3 otay yet?

Dude can you explain what bricked means , also rooted ?

Rooted is basically the equivalent to jailbreaking an iphone or hacking your phone. And bricked just means it's dead and doesn't work anymore in my case I can't turn it on or charge it.

eww... Rooted is cool
    Bricked Sucks !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    eww... Rooted is cool
    Bricked Sucks !
    You got it

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    keyplyr what happened to your phone did you end up bricked to I though you were just having trouble with your copy past?
    That evolved into problems loosing contacts, various long screen loads that morphed into indefinite black screens, loosing network connections and having to re-config VPN, app freezes, etc. It just kept getting worse.

Android support, while always friendly, basically would not offer any further suggestions until I tried a factory re-set without using any back-up apps to eliminate the possibility of also backing-up the source of the problem (of course it couldn't just be Gingerbread right?)

So I did the factory re-set...then the fun began

Re-config'ing account settings, gmail, all the apps, widgets, passwords, PINs, contacting developers, etc. Also had to manually re-assign playlists to over 1600 mp3s one-by-one (that took 5 hours alone.)

The freeze screens did stop and my contacts list has only disappeared 2x since. Cut'n paste still broke. So I guess a few of the esculating issues were resolved somewhat.

But I'll tell ya... Now that all the work is done getting the phone to operate close to the same way it did prior to the re-set is such a relief, I'm not complaining any longer about cut'n paste or loosing contacts every few days. I can live with that. What I do know is that I'll never, ever do a factory re-set again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    All I know is that mine got bricked when the battery died because it was low then next thing I knew it was bricked.
    That almost happened to me when I was working on my mp3 list. The phone was very hot and I kept getting the system low-battery warning. Last warning I got was "Warning: Your battery in now below 15%" and BAM! the phone shut down. I immediately plugged it in and didn't touch it for a couple hours.

When I did turn it back on it took a long time powering back up. Didn't see the X for maybe 2 minutes, then slowly it came back to life.

Sorry your's went the way it did. Keep us posted on the outcome - good luck!

Hmm, I gave up waiting for the OTA and manually installed it today.

Here's the link where I followed the instructions... no problems yet, just the yellowishness which Google has offically acknowledged as intentional.

Tip for Nexus S Android 2.3.3 update manual installation | Nexus-S.org

Hmmm.... reading this got me wondering... and sure enough my phone is running 2.3.3 funny thing is I don't remember being ask for the update???
    My main reason for wondering is my phone has been acting "ODD" when being called or placing calls.... (TMO).... but I am starting to think it may be related to some App's left running as well???

If you haven't received your 2.3.3 update you can still root your phone by not unlocking the bootloader. Essentially this means you can root you new nexus s without having to worry about voiding you warranty. Google fixed this loophole in 2.3.3 so if you have received the update this will not work. Once you are rooted and have clockwork recovery you can simply get 2.3.3 from Cyanogen mod 7 RC2 which is way cooler and more custom than stock 2.3.3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links